Carolina Crown?

well i know crown will rock it regardless of what the show turns out to be but i also agree with the bad mouthing of they're feet crowns show was very good for the past two years and even before that

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me some of the stuff posted here. A couple of observations--Note that I admit my bias:

No one from CC has posted anything here. No current members have come on here and talked any trash. At best, some have expressed their enthusiasm for the direction and pedeagogy of the current CC brass program. To their defense, it is a great program, taught by some of the best instructors ever to stand in front of a DCI brassline. The CC hornline does have a great sound and has come on strong the last two years. I would venture to say that they still have a long way to go, but that the potential is there.

These people are only guilty of being very dedicated to thir corps, instructors and programs. They have not trashed any other hornlines, corps or teachers.

All of this being said, I feel that the decision by the CC managment not to release the show continues with Crown tradition of remaining low-key about these things. I don't think that they are trying to hold anything secret. (anyone could come to a camp and blab all they wanted..), but I think that they wanted to leave people guessing by not discussing it here. The DCP reality is that corps announcements are disected and that people will try to predict a show's success before even hearing a note.

Edited by tubamann

It amazes me some of the stuff posted here. A couple of observations--Note that I admit my bias:

No one from CC has posted anything here. No current members have come on here and talked any trash. At best, some have expressed their enthusiasm for the direction and pedeagogy of the current CC brass program. To their defense, it is a great program, taught by some of the best instructors ever to stand in front of a DCI brassline. The CC hornline does have a great sound and has come on strong the last two years. I would venture to say that they still have a long way to go, but that the potential is there.

These people are only guilty of being very dedicated to thir corps, instructors and programs. They have not trashed any other hornlines, corps or teachers.

All of this being said, I feel that the decision by the CC managment not to release the show continues with Crown tradition of remaining low-key about these things. I don't think that they are trying to hold anything secret. (anyone could come to a camp and blab all they wanted..), but I think that they wanted to leave people guessing by not discussing it here. The DCP reality is that corps announcements are disected and that people will try to predict a show's success before even hearing a note.

w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: w/Stp: :huh::unsure::bleah::bleah::bleah:

:huh::unsure::huh::huh::bleah::bleah::bleah:

Very well said sir, Here, Here!!! :bleah::huh::unsure::bleah: b**bs

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

...And you're still confusing hatred towards the corps with hatred towards their specific use of mic'd vocals in that 2004 show. I can't tell you how many times I read where people said they loved that show....if only they didn't use the singers and beat poetry. That's what they hated. It's pretty clear to me that peoples' main problems were not with the corps itself, but with what they chose to do in that particular show.

That's like saying "Gee, I loved corps X except for their drill...or that music...or any element of their show...". Amps and micced vocals are no different than any element of drum corps.

Yeah, but at the same time there were still the ridiculous Crown fans. I remember someone making a comment about how awesome Crown's feet were, to which I responded "If you look at their feet when they're facing backfield during Bohemian Rhapsody it was pretty dirty," to which this person responded "Yeah, but it was at the end of the show and they were marching 180 how dare you say their feet were bad blah blah blah blah you're wrong blah blah." I think it was bigdaddy; I'm pretty sure he's disappeared since then. Who knows who he is now?

My point is, there have always been people touting Crown on here as the best thing since sliced bread. I loved their 04 offering (minus the singing/poetry) and loved 05, but the ridiculous bias towards them some people on here have just bothers me, more so than with any other corps (except maybe Cadets or Cavies).

People talk up their favorite corps...that is what fans should do. I fail to see how that makes it OK to trash them as they were...and are in this thread.

Nothing wrong with singing and poetry...both are legal elements of drum corps.

Except that Crown members have posted on here, and have talked up their corps at the expense of others; that is what bothers me. It annoys me when people come on here and only post "Breath DAH!!!!!" as if a: they're the only corps that uses that technique and b: that automatically makes them the best brassline of all time. I have absolutely loved Crown's brass ensemble sound the past two years, but right now I don't think they're anything more than a seventh place hornline. They have a long ways to go, and I'd be willing to take any bet that Crown will not win a brass title in the next 5-10 years.

Still, my problem is that some of the Crown fans on here think that their corps is completely above criticism. Certainly you'll find that with fans of corps like Cadets, Cavies, and BD, but even those three corps have less fans hyping them up on here than Crown does. Rarely have I been criticized by Cadets, Cavies, BD fans when I say something negative about their corps that I back up with specific evidence; this has happened many times with Crown fans. Maybe they feel like their favorite corps has something to prove and are extremely defensive because of that? I don't know. I'm just tired of being harassed by "Crown borgs" for every criticism I throw out there, no matter how much I say I loved their 04 and 05 shows.

Edited by TTitans909

That's like saying "Gee, I loved corps X except for their drill...or that music...or any element of their show...". Amps and micced vocals are no different than any element of drum corps.

Mike, you don't comprehend well. If someone states that they loved Crown's show in 2004 except for the singing, it doesn't mean they hate the Carolina Crown. It doesn't mean they hate their show. It means they hate their singing. See how that works?

Except that Crown members have posted on here, and have talked up their corps at the expense of others; that is what bothers me. It annoys me when people come on here and only post "Breath DAH!!!!!" as if a: they're the only corps that uses that technique and b: that automatically makes them the best brassline of all time. I have absolutely loved Crown's brass ensemble sound the past two years, but right now I don't think they're anything more than a seventh place hornline. They have a long ways to go, and I'd be willing to take any bet that Crown will not win a brass title in the next 5-10 years.

Still, my problem is that some of the Crown fans on here think that their corps is completely above criticism. Certainly you'll find that with fans of corps like Cadets, Cavies, and BD, but even those three corps have less fans hyping them up on here than Crown does. Rarely have I been criticized by Cadets, Cavies, BD fans when I say something negative about their corps that I back up with specific evidence; this has happened many times with Crown fans. Maybe they feel like their favorite corps has something to prove and are extremely defensive because of that? I don't know. I'm just tired of being harassed by "Crown borgs" for every criticism I throw out there, no matter how much I say I loved their 04 and 05 shows.

You make broad accusations.. Any proof? :sshh:

Perhaps the Crown fans and members have been hardened by the response in 2004..vitreol posted here and other places, people calling the corps hall, and telling members that they were a disgrace to drumcorps, even THREATANING PHONE CALLS. Yeah..maybe they are a little sensitive..I wonder why. b**bs

The fans that are on here are proud of their corps. They have every right to be. God forbid they should express it here and get everyone's panties in a wad. <**> :sshh: