Best G Hornline?

This is a tough choice...make sure you take into account all the aspects that make a hornline great.

I'm going to go with 1993 Cadets...I take this as what drum corps in G should sound like.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

93 Phantom was purty good, so was 93 Star

EDIT: BTW Murph, there is no freedom of speech online with a private forum. The first amendment says "CONGRESS shall pass no law..." Not to mention the internet is worldwide, not just the United States in which the amendment applies. DCP can do whatever they want as far as censorship is concerned. =(

Edited by dciguy01

EDIT: BTW Murph, there is no freedom of speech online with a private forum. The first amendment says "CONGRESS shall pass no law..." Not to mention the internet is worldwide, not just the United States in which the amendment applies. DCP can do whatever they want as far as censorship is concerned. =(

I hate to say this, because I really didn't like the show/concept, but SCV 1986. Hoo boy, that was the most sonorous sound I've ever heard and not a tick to be heard. Even 1986 BD had some spooge in it. Phantom 1989 was a very close second.

Where exactly were all the people who scream "WAHHHH! Free speeeeech!" when the Legislative and Executive branches of gov't passed the unconstitutional McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform Act?

I would think that when Former Justice O'Connor said, "If there is any free speech violation in this law, it is minimal," heads would have rolled. President Reagan had to roll in his grave for getting that idiot on the bench. Congress has a lower approval rating than the President, but I guarantee: at least 95% of incumbents will be reelected in November.

And dciguy is right. The "Bill of Rights" isn't a list of freedoms we have; rather, it is a list of freedoms FROM Congress' power. (bwahahaha. that's true in theory, but it is for to laugh in modern practice.)

Edited by OhioStateTad

Star of Indiana 1992, 93 and 91 just a millimeter behind.

"Best":

Argonne Rebels 1972-1973. Performed arrangements by Brian Pennington & Truman Crawford. Horn instructor was the great Sandra Opie. This is the era BEFORE two valve bugles, BTW.

Elphaba

Madison - 75

Spirit - 80

Regiment - 89

Star - 91

To me, they stand out. Others may have been very good, but don't "stand out" to me. I cannot give any brass line that plays "notes" as opposed to music, any credit.

RM - note

ampssuck

Madison 95 was pretty smokin' B) although they might not have been the best.

93 Phantom was purty good, so was 93 Star

Phantom 93 was loud and sounded good. They were by no means the best though. They had some TERRIBLE cut offs through out the show, and the sopranos stuck out a lot. The end of Fire (at least on my recording) was just ruined, because a soprano held over.

~>conner