Some Sad news in DCA

The Grenadiers had already declared A Class a while back.

Unfortunately, although the other sections were full, and quite strong, the low brass turn out was still a crutch, even to field a competitive product in the A Class. The good news is that the corps will still operate and generate revenue with their existing schedule of parades and events over the summer, allowing them to re-group and hit it again for the fall. A lot of members, including past members that could not commit to a busy competitive schedule, have come forward to take part in these events as well. There is also some assistance coming in from a marketing standpoint that should help in the efforts. Thank you to everyone that has sent kind regards and well-wishes for the corps. This corps has been a part of my life for over ten years, and has meant a lot to so many people - I have no doubt that if it is meant to be - you will see the yellow back on the field in 2007!

Scott Atkins

Program Coordinator

Kingston Grenadiers Drum & Bugle Corps

To do good things you must surround yourself with good people. It has been a key to our past and will be for our future. To step back and realize that of all the corps in Canada which were many in the 60,s and early 70,s that the Grenadiers would rise through CDCA to RCA and finally DCA is a testiment to a lot of fine people past and present. The last 10 years in DCA have been very dynamic for our corps. This weekend past is the toughest I have ever had in corps.

We do have a plan for the future however which is more of a focus on the grass roots which will be better for the Grenadiers and the activity especially in Canada. We still have a strong base to build on and we will return. Best of luck to all my brothers and sisters and hopefully our paths will cross again eh.......

Don Dean

Executive Director

Kingston Grenadiers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please dont be yet another Canadian dead corps statistic......show em Canada can be known for hockey, Rush, beer AND drum corps eh?

To do good things you must surround yourself with good people. It has been a key to our past and will be for our future. To step back and realize that of all the corps in Canada which were many in the 60,s and early 70,s that the Grenadiers would rise through CDCA to RCA and finally DCA is a testiment to a lot of fine people past and present. The last 10 years in DCA have been very dynamic for our corps. This weekend past is the toughest I have ever had in corps.

We do have a plan for the future however which is more of a focus on the grass roots which will be better for the Grenadiers and the activity especially in Canada. We still have a strong base to build on and we will return. Best of luck to all my brothers and sisters and hopefully our paths will cross again eh.......

Don Dean

Executive Director

Kingston Grenadiers

DON,

With all my years in corps it was your organization that gave me and my family the opportunity to re-enter the drum corps community and march with my son and trusting my wife to be on staff (not to mention your favorite hot dog helper) as well as allowing my 2 nieces to march even though one at the time was only 11. For someone to open his house to a bunch of crazy New Yorkers sight unseen is someone special. With you at the helm and Scott, Mike, Randy, and Doug O. backing you up, I for one can't wait for your return. Your corps helped me and my family through the worst week we ever had. In this time of rotten news we all wish you and your family all the best and a speedy return. And yes our paths will cross again many times. (No vulchers here my friend)

As you always say cheers eh!!!!!!!

BILL

as you always say cheers eh

This is very sad news. I always looked forward to seeing you all on the field. I wish your organization all the luck and good fortune so you can get back on the field. Keep the faith and We will see you on the 50 in 2007!

Mark Gerber

Director - White Sabers

Edited by mcg155

This ain't cool.

I remember standing next to them in retreat at DCA in 2001. They were a hoot. A bunch of very nice people.

Hurry back! :(

The Kawartha Kavaliers wish the grennies only good things over the next year. We will miss cheering you on but we're confident 2007 will be a great year for you. On a personal not, I know that there is not a more qualified or dedicated team in drum corps to lead the corps back on the field.

All the best & see you on the street.

Larry Callaghan

President

Kawartha Kavaliers

Lindsay ont

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to Hear about Grennies... it was sad news for me.. being alumni and such.. But I believe this corps will be back and better then ever... I think the staff that are behind the Grenniers are not quitters and wont give up on a dream to keep the Grennies alive.. looking forward to seeing them back in 07