BD's New Uni's

I dunno ... my first impression is that they're pretty dreadful. Actually, that's a lie. My first impression was that there's no way that picture could be real. My second impression was that, if that is the look they're really going with, then *yuck* ... way too WGI/BOA-ish. I hope they look better on the field.

P.S If there was ever a show that called for BD's traditionally classy look, you'd think that this would've been it.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I really completely agree. BDs Pin-stripped pants always looked way cool, the tops look too bland, not enough "bling" as for past years.

Restatement of my impression: I think they are going for a pin-stripped gangster suit on the whole corps

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just in case someone who first sees this page knows what's going on

Edited by BD Mello Major 05

Restatement of my impression: I think they are going for a pin-stripped gangster suit on the whole corps

If that's the case, then I think it's way too abstract for the majority of the fans who'll see 'em this season to ever notice.

Well....I dont dislike it....I had heard in detail what it was going to look like...and now that ive gotten to see it...it looks pretty much as it has been described to me.....I just really wanted to like it more than I currently do.

It looks like the drum harness distorts the flow of the white line that goes down the leg.

It should look better on the horn players.

Additionally, Ive been told from a friend still in the corps that they will be keeping the same black shako, but will be going from the 12" plume to a new 14" plume, same color and style. So that could help that appearance as well.

I want to see this uni on a horn player.

are they going to have that fuzzy feather crap on the tip of the plume??? or like the style before 04.. i always thought that looked a little goofy to me, of course, only up close could you tell the difference.. it just looked a little strange

Edited by BD020304

Absolutely terrible, disappointing, not worthy of an eleven time champion who thrives on the cutting edge or sets trends. Its sophmoric, ill conceived and unflattering.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING GUYS !!!!!!???????

Ugh, I need a drink.

Tell us how you really feel :P

maybe its not real! can anyone actually confirm this?

you know, in 94, i think the crowd actually booed at those uni's.. so maybe they'll grow on us.. heck.. maybe its JUST a UNIFORM!!! and we should stop worrying about what someone wears.., but that is my opinion,

No, far from it. What was so wonderful about the transition from 93 to 94 was that they took a classic design, put it to bed and created a different, updated, classic look. The debut in the East on July 1, 1994 brought stunning gasps and pleasure to the folks in Allentown, nothing but positive reviews, I liked it so much I had my picture taken with a random brass player after the show......I had the priviledge of following them all around the country that year in tru BD fanatic fashion, and at all fourteen shows I went to that they were in, nothing but positive reviews of the new look for '94.

Thats the problem with these gaudy, sensless sweat -shop knock offs. Its just change for the sake of change, no improvements, no refinements, no pleasant surprise, no brilliance. A major step back and a disappointment. "My Devils" will probably do well, but this uniform is a major letdown.

~G~

Psst...

The stripe's supposed to go on the SIDE of the pants :P

Yeah ...and plumes are supposed to go in the center of the shako, but Crown messed that up :P

Next Cadets are going to wear pants on their heads. Dogs will marry cats. The Jews and Arabs will make peace and Phantom Regiment will win a championship outright.

It's End Times...... ^0^