BD's New Uni's

If I had to guess, it looks like they took the pre 2004 uni's and turned it inside out. I think somebody is pulling our legs.

you know what... that is exactly what the jacket looks like. I have no idea how they got the stripe on the leg though, but they could have just thrown on some tape to match the look of the jacket if they were going for some kind of joke. Doesn't the C corps wear the old jackets?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify a few things:

No, the picture is not a fake. That's from a frame of video my mom shot on family day, which I then encoded to MPEG so that's why it's blocky and crappy looking. Sorry for the bad quality.

Will this be the final form of the uniform? I don't know. But that's what they wore on family night.

While they may not be my favorite uniforms from an individual-wearing-the-uniform perspective, they do accomplish several things very well:

1) When the full corps is on the field they do look very sleek and sporty.

2) The stripes highlight the the movement the corps is doing this year and the speed at which they are moving on the field very well.

3) On the field, the new uni's go really well with the new drums.

And I have some video of the combined hornline (140+ brass) and the combined drumline (40+ drums plus pit) on family day. That's where this picture is from. The video doesn't have anything from any of the corps' shows (sorry, can't step on other people's toes here) but it's just plain cool to see 140 horns! It's still being approved by Google Video so it should be up sometime today.

Edited by MagicBobert

Only one thing came to mind when I saw that... Yowza. <**>

They're not THAT bad.

Close, but not that bad. :P

Is it just me, or the picture quality, or is the shade of blue on the jacket different than in previous years? I had thought they had a specific color that was the official BD blue, but in the photo it looks to me a lighter shade. Maybe I need new glasses.

Is it just me, or the picture quality, or is the shade of blue on the jacket different than in previous years? I had thought they had a specific color that was the official BD blue, but in the photo it looks to me a lighter shade. Maybe I need new glasses.

I thought that too, but I think it might just be the picture quality since it was converted from video.

The color balance is either off or the photo is slightly overexposed, making the blue lighter.

I find it really interesting that everyone complained for years about all these corps' cookie-cutter Cesario designs, and here's something certainly out of the mold and people are crapping all over it.

It certainly isn't as gaudy as 99% of gaurd uniforms out there! :worthy:

Mike in OH