BD's New Uni's

Am I really the only person here who thinks they look great?

Granted, at first glance my eyes almost almost rotted out, but after a few seconds I realized how well it was going to work on the field. Lo and behold, the vid and extra pictures revealed how great they really do look.

Their uniform now has a unified look from top to bottom that hasn't been there umm. . . at least not since I've been around (not long). The white stripe is going to show off their technique in a way that it hasn't before. We all know that bd has killer marching technique, but with the extensive blackness (yes I know there were pinstripes, but I never even noticed that until I marched last year and saw them up close) it wasn't broadcast to the stands the way it is in a corps with white pants or a stripe.

I'll accept being in the minority, but someone please tell me that I haven't lost my mind.

I agree with you 100 %

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the sake of those of you who think this whole thing is some sort of "joke" and not the real Blue Devils uniform, I spoke to Wayne Downey today and it is the real thing. The corps is very excited about it and the staff has some very specific reasons why they have chosen to go this rout with the look. I am not about to quote anyone directly, but siffice it to say - they know what they are doing - just like the Cadets knew what they were doing with their unusual looking uniform (that most people also didn't like) last year. In case anyone forgot, may I remind you all that a mass amount of DCP people also liked the Cadet's show last year?

Indeed, you are all entitled to your opinions and I respect every one of them based on the various backgrounds that they all may come from. However, at some point we need to stop and realize that this is the 11 time DCI world champion Blue Devils that we are talking about. Surely, they have at least a clue what it takes to make their corps look good. So, maybe we should all just back off and watch what they do in 06. Then, form our opinions based on educated knowledge from experience (i.e. meaning how the new look will be experienced from within the activity itself during an active drum corps season).

Just some FREINDLY suggestions to calm the storm a little bit.

Word.

However, at some point we need to stop and realize that this is the 11 time DCI world champion Blue Devils that we are talking about. Surely, they have at least a clue what it takes to make their corps look good.

Oh yea. I remember the firestorm when they revealed the closer in 1992 was going to be "When A Man Loves A Woman".

Everyone thought it would be the biggest piece of crap in DCI history.

Oh yea. I remember the firestorm when they revealed the closer in 1992 was going to be "When A Man Loves A Woman".

Everyone thought it would be the biggest piece of crap in DCI history.

It was close!

BD isn't cream of the crop because of their uniform. It is because they play, march, and spin their ###es off.

It's just a uniform, for crying out loud. If they win this year, in five or ten years there will be all of these people who hated it going, "Do you remember when they put the stripes on the uniforms? That was AWESOME!"

No, I disagree. Its the total package. You wouldnt want to receive a diamond bracelet wrapped in newspaper (well, maybe you would). You will never , ever forget how great the bracelet was but how unsatisfied you were when handed the present.

THe uniforms are a step down in my opinion, and do very little to uphold the mystique, and nether-level of the Blue Devils. Im very disappointed.

~G~

Maybe not you, specifically, but don't you think there will be a jillion knock-offs, threads here about how much people like them, etc, especially if the show wins or is a fan favorite like '93?

No, and fan favorite 93 ?? Why ? How ? Who ? in relation to this topic.

~G~

However, at some point we need to stop and realize that this is the 11 time DCI world champion Blue Devils that we are talking about. Surely, they have at least a clue what it takes to make their corps look good. So, maybe we should all just back off and watch what they do in 06. Then, form our opinions based on educated knowledge from experience (i.e. meaning how the new look will be experienced from within the activity itself during an active drum corps season).

And sometimes, you see a picture or video of a corps' new uniform and you simply don't like it ... whether that corps' staff knows what they're doing or not. If it doesn't appeal to you, then it just doesn't. No harm in that.

i just watched blue view #8 and yeah, the pictures of the uniform stand alone dont really look right, but when you see them standing together in a line, i dont know it just does something for them. the white stripes stand out a lot it kind of looks great to me. i think the lines accent their postures and horn angles for a visual plus.

sure, the pinstripes and everything wouldve matched the whole Godfather theme and everything, but im a big mobster movie buff, i dont remember actually ever seeing a pinstripe suit in the Godfather? :lol: