BD's New Uni's

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... it is pretty obvious that the white was put on the picture by a computer. You can see the jagged edges around the tape. As far as the silver goes, yes they had silver later, but remember when the uniforms first came out BD used black sequins.

It's pretty obvious you didn't watch the videos from Family Day.

I will say this... at first I hated these with every thread of my being.

Now that I have seen them on the full corps simultaneously, eh... not so much. As a visual designer, I can see some serious potantial for what could be done with these uniforms. Now, it will be up to what they do in those uniforms that helps shape my opinion of them.

(note: I STILL hate Crown and Madison's new threads and I miss the old BK dots.)

For the sake of those of you who think this whole thing is some sort of "joke" and not the real Blue Devils uniform, I spoke to Wayne Downey today and it is the real thing. The corps is very excited about it and the staff has some very specific reasons why they have chosen to go this rout with the look. I am not about to quote anyone directly, but siffice it to say - they know what they are doing - just like the Cadets knew what they were doing with their unusual looking uniform (that most people also didn't like) last year. In case anyone forgot, may I remind you all that a mass amount of DCP people also liked the Cadet's show last year?

Indeed, you are all entitled to your opinions and I respect every one of them based on the various backgrounds that they all may come from. However, at some point we need to stop and realize that this is the 11 time DCI world champion Blue Devils that we are talking about. Surely, they have at least a clue what it takes to make their corps look good. So, maybe we should all just back off and watch what they do in 06. Then, form our opinions based on educated knowledge from experience (i.e. meaning how the new look will be experienced from within the activity itself during an active drum corps season).

Just some FREINDLY suggestions to calm the storm a little bit.

Edited by torn8o