Cadets are better than 2005 (by a lot)

George, did you see a girl walking around tonight with a bandage above her eye? My daughter had 5 stitches today and didn't get to perform tonight!

That happened during the final run at practice today? I saw her being attended to but didnt see what happened (we were on side 1 and I think she was way over on side 2. What happened?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems the sabre came from somebody else. As normal she doesn't go into too much detail, guess she doesn't want mom to worry too much. They didn't want her out on the laundry run tonight so her seat partner was going to do her laundry for her. I asked her about practicing tomorrow and her comment was "oh I'll be practicing, unless my eye swells up and I can't see"! That totally sounds like her. In 2004 she took a sabre to the top of the head from another member at the Houston show.

did you happen to notice the ten snares during their solo when they all tossed one stick to the drummer to their right and the guy on the right end tossed his all the way to the OTHER end of the line - too cool :)

it was even cooler when Phantom Regiment did it in the 80's :)

Edited by KenDrum

did you happen to notice the ten snares during their solo when they all tossed one stick to the drummer to their right and the guy on the right end tossed his all the way to the OTHER end of the line - too cool :)

cool. i liked that when Phantom did that in 86

Well, let's see...

Do you consider having a member running around the field in a full body white rabbit suit too gimmicky??

Or three other characters dressed up like Alice, the Mad Hatter and the Queen of Hearts??

They didn't have the costumes at the show, but that's what they're planning on doing. Get ready DCP. Start your engines...

Ummm... in a word, yes. Way, way too gimmicky for me, especially for a corps with that level of talent. For me, stuff like this really detracts from the show - last year, so much of the marching was hidden by that silly door. But, that's just MO. I know lots of people loved last year's show and many will love them this year. Doesn't sound like I'll like it too much, but I'll find plenty of shows that I do like. Not every corps is going to appeal to any given fan, and that's OK.

Their sound system is still as dreadful as it was last year. All the vocals sounded muddy.

I thought the same last year early on, at Giant's stadium, but at East it sounded a lot better, IMO. Not muddy at all. Hope they get it right earlier this year!

I CAN'T WAAAAAAAAIT TO SEE THIS SHOW THIS FRIDAY!!!!!

Err, sorry. I LOVE the music from what I've heard and hearing their show live will probably be the most enjoyable thing I do this year so far. Last year, when they hit that first huge impact in Liquid, I was in another freakin' world. I remember thinking, This is why instruments were invented. And I was completely serious.

So George, few questions.

1. How does the singing at the beginning sound? Tasteful, or obstrusive nad inappropriate?

2. How does the voice in the ballad sound? From the latest recordings, it seems to blend perfectly.

3. How are the props? Don't spoil too much...but, do they work?

4. Drill?

Thanks in advance.

Big question: is their show done?

By "done", I mean do they have a complete product on the field yet, or will they be halted for the last minute like they were at this last year?

Apart from Alice repeating "Where are we?" over and over, I could barely understand the rest of the "dialougue."

Ugh...talking during the show? No thanks. I mean I guess it's OK if it's not cheesy. I'd prefer music, but that's just me...remember in '95 when the Cadets told a story and had characters, but they communicated without words? In fact, when I first heard the show without seeing the visual, I had no idea any of this was going on, which is how it should be. Any reason why they can't settle on that now so they don't ruin the musical portion of the show? George Hopkins' e-mail address, anyone? ^0^

But really, how is the dialog? I assume the Alice character is in the pit when she speaks it...or maybe some sort of portable mic?