Gettysburg Pix

That's good news, but it shouldn't just be pushed into just GE. It needs 5 - 10 points of it's own.

so what, corps who dont sing then et docked points?

this is basically forcing singing onto everyone if they want to max out the sheets...i thought DCI said it was optional.

you can't have captions for optional

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any judge qualified to judge music is qualified to evaluate how the voice fits into the ensemble. They aren't out there singing opera, so I don't think you need some voice professor out there critiquing.

As for the maroon. Cadets tend to be a bit brighter when the sun is shining on their unis. You often don't see them perform in the daylight since they are always one of the featured corps that generally go on last at shows.

Crown's old unis always looked blue under the lights and very purple in the sunlight for some strange reason.

That's good news, but it shouldn't just be pushed into just GE. It needs 5 - 10 points of it's own.

5-10 points for a single performer? That's ludicrous!

It should be covered in both music ensemble and music ge, I think that's plenty for a 1 person section.

Who was the Senior Corps there? Is that Hurcs?

Great pics.

Nice to se that XMen added a little more red to the uni.

Just the touch they needed.

As for the scoring, methinks you all may be overreacting just a tad. There is nothing in this years recaps that puts this into a separately scored category. Everything else that has been said is pure speculation.

Time to unbunch your panties...Jeeeze!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dckid80

So THAT'S what happened to the picnic benches from Pioneer's "Oliver" show! :worthy:

Feeling nostalgic yet, Matt? :P

XMen marching a tenor hole?

and I'll apologize for derailing this thread....

but what about those who choose to not do vocals, if it's alloted 5-10 points.... then how is it that corps w/out vocals get those points? :worthy:

Have never seen DCI judging sheets but understand the pit is worth a certain number of points. For the younger set, at one time the pit was optional and included in the rest of the drum scores. Now if you don't have a pit you are hurting your score before you even start.

IOW - who knows what might be on the sheets in 10-15 years be it vocals or use of amps.

And back on topic - thanks for the pictures Mike. Even picked myself out based on my position in the horn line. Your daughter must have seen the show thru the view finder. :P

Edited by JimF-xWSMBari

Who was the Senior Corps there? Is that Hurcs?

It's the Hanover Lancers Alumni Corps.

a couple observations from the cadets pics...

apparently the "featured singer" doesn't rehearse in sneakers -- no severe drum corps tan lines on those ankles, and she performs barefoot (or is it in very tiny flats)....

and i wonder if they're going to paint the shoes like they did last year, with the back halves being painted maroon. i remember watching a friend of a friend unpack his suitcase last year and pull out his half white, half maroon marching shoes :worthy:

Edited by BariEuph