Drumline feature random swaying

Swaying  

91 members have voted

1. 1. When drumlines have a feature, and players randomly sway around, I think:

• It's a cool move, drawing attention and groovin' (Like)
    • I'd rather they stay still so I can see what they're doing (Dislike)
    • Drumlines sway? (Never thought about it)
    • I sway Michael Boo's way (No opinion)

I voted for it but I have a couple of things - as long as it fits the feel of the moment, as long as it doesn't go on too long, and as long as it doesn't happen too often in the show (more than one would push it a bit)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i love it...music is supposed to be about expression right? if it fits, go for it.

It depends entirely on what is attempting to be conveyed by the solo. I like it both ways, but it has to fit.

I hate it. take PR 96 for example at the first big impact/hold. everyones still and theres some bobble head in the drumline.

I was going to say this same thing.

On one hand, it does kind of look cool from that camera view, but I imagine it looked pretty dumb from the stands.

The Bridgemen were the SWAY( rock and bob ) KINGS. I love it when musicians get into their parts. Not so much Phantom because of clasical music. I know you can jam to some clasical but...

Oh, I don't like when one person really sticks out.

im glad this topic came up.

im TOTALLY FOR rockin out! yes, going in and out of tension or from chaos to serenity or vice versa, certain emotions are conveyed with just straight up intensity, but man when theres a part thats groovin, you gotta get into it!

and it so awesome to see a corps pigout and their plumes are just swaying in the air, i love it!!! :rock::rock:

this activity is about performing, you gotta be totally into your performance for it to be great, so if there is a part thats just totally rockin you gotta at least bob your head or somethin, it just adds to the vibe youre creating.

Edited by Lunchb0x

I don't mind a little shako bob now and then, but the whole line swaying around just doesn't do it for me. I love the stone cold execution of the 80's Blue Devils and SCV lines during their features. They didn't need to "emote", they let their hands do the talking.

I don't mind a little shako bob now and then, but the whole line swaying around just doesn't do it for me. I love the stone cold execution of the 80's Blue Devils and SCV lines during their features. They didn't need to "emote", they let their hands do the talking.

That's why The Bridgemen won drums :P I Keed, I keed!

I voted for it but I have a couple of things - as long as it fits the feel of the moment, as long as it doesn't go on too long, and as long as it doesn't happen too often in the show (more than one would push it a bit)

exactly and all the features that scv has had in the past few years, it fits perfectly. because could you see them playing those features just standing there? uh...no... <**> but i like the rock out parts.

im glad this topic came up.

im TOTALLY FOR rockin out! yes, going in and out of tension or from chaos to serenity or vice versa, certain emotions are conveyed with just straight up intensity, but man when theres a part thats groovin, you gotta get into it!

and it so awesome to see a corps pigout and their plumes are just swaying in the air, i love it!!! :rock::rock:

this activity is about performing, you gotta be totally into your performance for it to be great, so if there is a part thats just totally rockin you gotta at least bob your head or somethin, it just adds to the vibe youre creating.

w/Stp:

Edited by CozyChopsCom