omaha scores

I just want to point out how many of the Bluecoats staff have marched and/or worked with The Cavaliers. Take a look at their bios.

http://www.bluecoats.com/about_staff.asp

I see about 8 so far and I haven't read all of them yet. Winning breeds winning.

I like the Bluecoats, they have a great/classy orginization and I wish them well. But, to a point.... :) As long as they don't beat The Green Team.

Good Luck Bluuuuu......

The Staff looks great......but Jamie Oakleys not listed.......he is still on staff right?

And Carolyn Crumpton Perry is an amazing choreographer.....

(Do any other corps have a female visual caption head besides bloo?)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think that people are basing the next new Champions thing on the past few competitions. I think they base it on the past several YEARS of competition

Ok, the thing that FRUSTRATES me is it seems BLOO people talk a lot about placement...placement proving improvement. It doesn't. They have gotten consitently better every year since 2000 and whether they finish 3rd or 8th this year, they are still on the right track.

It's hard to say who will be the next champion. I heard people thought Spirit and Phantom would be based on placements in the late 70s. Spirit hasn't won, and Phantom still hasn't won its own title. Let's not forget...the 2001 Glassmen were was good as anything we've seen from the Bluecoats - and that's not a slam on the Bluecoats, because I LOVED Glassmen's 2001 show. It was my favorite of the year. But, I thought they were going to be a contender afer 2001 - didn't happen. I also thought the Bluecoats were going to be a top 5 threat in 1990 based on 1989. That didn't happen. I also thought Madison would be back in the hunt for a title after 1995. That didn't happen.

Bottom line, we don't know. Speculation is fun and I do it too, but improvement is more important than placement!

Let me first say that there are lots of ways to view drum corps, and you are certainly entitled to yours. However, for me I like the competition more than I like a lot of the shows. I enjoy the season a lot more because of the competitive aspect of it, especially considering I get to see maybe 2 shows the entire season. If competition isn't your thing then perhaps you shouldn't be reading a thread called "omaha scores"

If that is your inclination toward the activity, have you ever considered simply betting on sports scores or dog racing instead? It would be more profitable.:P

*ducks from flying tomatoes*

Ignore me. I am tired, and crabby, and sick, and stupid!

No problem! Group hug! :lol:

Sorry, I've just never used that smiley before, and this seemed like my best chance. :grrr:

Edited by Maedhros

Call 'em Cavaliers Lite :grrr:

I know Mac is there, and now Kuhn. Koter used to be there, dunno if he still helps out. Who else went from green to blue?

Here are the ones I have seen on the site:

Mike McIntosh

Mitch Rogers

Scott Koter

Bret Kuhn

Drew Shanefield

Scott Seal

Brad Palmer

Nick Wilson

Adem Clay

Let's not forget...the 2001 Glassmen were was good as anything we've seen from the Bluecoats - and that's not a slam on the Bluecoats, because I LOVED Glassmen's 2001 show. It was my favorite of the year. But, I thought they were going to be a contender afer 2001 - didn't happen.

Man, looking back on their 1999 and 2001 shows, it's a shame they couldn't keep building from there. Those were tremendous performances, the kind of performance that could place a corps among the elite if they had kept it up.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions. And, my opinion is that without seeing anyone Bluecoats won't make top 5 at finals. Why? Because they won't beat BD, they won't beat Cavies, they won't beat Phantom, they won't beat Cadets, and they won't beat SCV. Call me whatever you want for basing that opinion on not seeing any shows, but come finals, I will be right!

AND WASN'T YOU RIGHT ABOUT THEM LAST YEAR TO. YOU GO BOY :grrr:

Martin, you are the king of advertising! :P

By the way, did you get my recent e-mail?

Not too subtle?! I didn't get the e mail. Check your's...I just sent you a few addresses.

George Wozniak is one of the best musical educators I can think of.

Coupled with Drew Shanefield (the beast responsible for pushing the Cavaliers hornline to greatness) the sounds from the 'Coats should be stellar this summer.

Oh yeah..and the talented members might have a part too.

Man, looking back on their 1999 and 2001 shows, it's a shame they couldn't keep building from there. Those were tremendous performances, the kind of performance that could place a corps among the elite if they had kept it up.

Being with the corps in 2001 from Memorial Day till we pulled back into G-West at the end of Finals in August was the best summer of my life (I was on transportation staff, beep beep!). I still hear the show in my head all the time. Kevin Creasey's solos, drums on the back sideline, the triangular pass-through drill in the closer that nearly took people's heads off every night. What a show.

I remember Brian BEGGING the kids in early July of that year (in the heat of an Iowa summer somewhere) to start pushing the staff instead of the other way around. The staff knew that the vehicle they built was a winner, but the corps was peppered with youth, talented yes -- but young. And when they bought into the idea that their potential was only limited by their level of effort and desire to push themselves, it felt like a bolt of lightning went through the entire organization. We all went on a rocket-ride that year, breaking corps records along the way, all the way up to Semifinals (94.6!) and a performance that I will never forget as long as I live. One of those "Box 6" nights you only see the other, "elite" corps get.

I didn't want to go home. I wanted there to be one more week. Just one more week. ^_^

Now sitting where I am, I see other corps, new names, catching a glimpse of "Box 6" themselves. This is why I find myself cheering on the Bluecoats, both last year and this. They're climbing the ladder. I don't care who does it, but the first corps to definitively crash the party of the big boys up top should and will be lauded in our memories. It hasn't happened in so long.

God, it's been 5 years ago already.