The Fall of The Cavaliers

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for age limits on DCP. Maybe some sort of IQ test for the 17 and younger crowd. Perhaps even a training session where all teenagers must read through literature that DCP sends to them (when they apply for membership), then they take a FAQ test. If they pass, then they are granted permission to engage in meaningful and intelligent conversation.

Jonathan

Some of the biggest offenders are over 17. I hope DCP doesn't become another RAND.

i gotta jump in and add my 2 cents------i have been a ---lurker myself----------i am not a troll or borg----------anyway-----as i watched the live stream from columbia mo the other night =======when cavs performed -----------all i could think was----------havent i seen and heard this before. :lol:

Im pretty much the one that uses the term "borg" but, ironically, they arent trolls, just followers of the Cadets......respected, but borg nonetheless. This poster phantom 007 is clearly trolling, must be a slow noght as we all are taking the bait.

~G~

p.s. I never "dismiss" the borg, I love to toy with them and see their tolerance level break !! LOL

haha. You need to try harder. Because most of the time it does not work. b**bs

Well, I don't believe that the Cavaliers are "falling" by any stretch as the title of this thread suggests. I can see where the original poster is coming from though I suppose. I can't say I like EVERY Cavaliers show musically this decade, but I do like most of them. That being said, there are obviously some I don't like musically. No big deal. I know they can't please me ALL the time. It just doesn't work that way.

As for 2006, I have the APD from Toledo and like most of what I hear, even though it is FAR from finished. I'm look forward to the changes coming up and the cleaning that will take place. :)

My main concern with this group(like many others)has been volume these last few years and not so much the musical selection. Jeff and the staff have remedied this though I feel by adding about 10 horns. They wouldn't have added them if they didn't need them I'm sure. :) Now they just need to push up the volume levels, expand their sound, and knock me backwards while they're cleaning. If they do that, then I will be VERY happy indeed. :P

I'm all for age limits on DCP. Maybe some sort of IQ test for the 17 and younger crowd. Perhaps even a training session where all teenagers must read through literature that DCP sends to them (when they apply for membership), then they take a FAQ test. If they pass, then they are granted permission to engage in meaningful and intelligent conversation.

Jonathan

Some of our best posters are under the age of 17.

And conversely, most of our worst posters are adults.

Jonathan

With all due respect........................

That is the silliest thing I have heard on here. <**>

Jonathan

Intelligence cannot be legislated.

it seems like cavies base their shows on color changes and different brass effects rather than using a melody that an audience can sink their teeth into

This is true - but it is also the case with other instrumental music that has been written over time. Honestly, colors, hits, and effects seem to be more important than "melodies" in drum corps shows in my opinion, being that corps have just over ten minutes to get through three, four, or five "pieces." This is just my opinion. This being said, I like Cavies 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2004. 2003 and 2005 not so much. I don't exactly know why, but they just don't grab me.