The Fall of The Cavaliers

Wow, that was witty. Dare I say your post would be just as good if you just left your thoughts inside your head? :P

Seriously, every once in awhile, a post comes along that unites most of the people on DCP. Sure, we all disagree sometimes, but we can all smell a troll. Thanks. :lol:

DCP is hardly unified on this topic if you'll read the thread. Lots of people, mods included, do not feel that this topic was meant to troll.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think The Cavaliers are going back to the roots of their past success.

2000-2003 We saw a steady progression of drill design. I thought 2003 Cavaliers was the most amazing visual show I've seen in the 2000's

2004 in my opinion was a very good but safe show. I thought Blue Devils should have won.

2005 :lol: There is nothing wrong with being the second best drun corps in the whole world.

2006 They are going back to the roots of their success.

I hope they pull it off. I would love to see a five way battle for the top spot.

Edited by boxingfred

I have always wondered this....and it is off topic. I lurked for 2 years before I got a log in. Since I got my log in, I bet I haven't made 20 comments. What do think about lurkers? Trolls vs. lurkers. Lurkers vs. Trolls?

Debbie

I personally think it's a great idea to lurk for a while before you post in ANY forum. It helps people learn the ropes of the community before diving right in and making a fool of themselves.

2 years should be plenty though... feel free to post more now :P

I'm all for age limits on DCP. Maybe some sort of IQ test for the 17 and younger crowd. Perhaps even a training session where all teenagers must read through literature that DCP sends to them (when they apply for membership), then they take a FAQ test. If they pass, then they are granted permission to engage in meaningful and intelligent conversation.

Jonathan

If I wait long enough, my questions are usually answered. If I have a comment, it has usually be made by someone else. I don't have the energy to argue (I'm and old lady.) And for 3 years it has been delightful to get to know all of you secretly. Your marriages, babies, accomplishments, your corps, political views, etc. You are all really a family. It think it is great.

Debbie

I'm all for age limits on DCP. Maybe some sort of IQ test for the 17 and younger crowd. Perhaps even a training session where all teenagers must read through literature that DCP sends to them (when they apply for membership), then they take a FAQ test. If they pass, then they are granted permission to engage in meaningful and intelligent conversation.

Jonathan

...and then someone posts a picture of Hoppy in a Superman outfit with a saxophone... and blows this idea to bits. :P

If I wait long enough, my questions are usually answered. If I have a comment, it has usually be made by someone else. I don't have the energy to argue (I'm and old lady.) And for 3 years it has been delightful to get to know all of you secretly. Your marriages, babies, accomplishments, your corps, political views, etc. You are all really a family. It think it is great.

Debbie

...you lurk on the CE forums, too?

Geez, how can you resist all the playful banter there? :lol:

DCP is hardly unified on this topic if you'll read the thread. Lots of people, mods included, do not feel that this topic was meant to troll.

I actually agree with a lot of what the original poster said, but that's a pretty childish way of conveying it. I equate that with "trolliness." I saw that some disagreed about the intent of the poster, that why I said "most." But, I see your point, and I will gladly go back and change it to "many." :)