If DCA were DCI

Don't be sorry - it's a discussion - that takes place on a discussion forum. Similar threads like this are all over the place in the junior corps forum. There's always a place for this kind of discussion anywhere on DCP. :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the Cabs don't remind you just a bit of the..........Muchachos? :P

That kicked in a brain cell.....

We hosted a Jr exihibition show at Hershey the day after the infamous (for Muchacho fans) 1975 DCI Finals. Got to meet a few Muchachos and only thing I remember is talking about was where the age outs would go.

Still remember one saying "I'm joining Sky, I'm sick of playing this Spanish crap!". :P

When Chops started doing field shows (1999) they had some aspects that were similar to the Velvet Knights; tounge-in-cheek humor, red chucks... they wanted to make they audience laugh. We got new field uniforms in 2003 (the old Hawaiian shirts and red chucks are still used for parades). Now we still emphasize fun, but in a different way.

Yes, we are serious B)

When Chops started doing field shows (1999) they had some aspects that were similar to the Velvet Knights; tounge-in-cheek humor, red chucks... they wanted to make they audience laugh. We got new field uniforms in 2003 (the old Hawaiian shirts and red chucks are still used for parades). Now we still emphasize fun, but in a different way.

Yes, we are serious B)

OK Shirley :P ^0^ :P

exactly...sorry if i offended anyone

Heck no..... not offended at all. In fact, it's a great idea for a thread.

Fran

Maybe Bandettes? LOL :P

Perhaps you dont possess the requisite brain capacity to understand that I was comparing musical style and repertoires. In any case another from the posse of haters rears her ugly head. Love all these non marching types casting barbs from their peanut galleries. The great majority of those here who do march (and those who dont) are at least polite in their opinions. I wouldnt trade my spot on the field, whether Im stinking up the place or playing well, for yours. Blog that.

Edited by dans24103

OK Shirley :P ^0^ :P

You beat me to it!

Perhaps you dont possess the requisite brain capacity to understand that I was comparing musical style and repertoires. In any case another from the posse of haters rears her ugly head. Love all these non marching types casting barbs from their peanut galleries. The great majority of those here who do march (and those who dont) are at least polite in their opinions. I wouldnt trade my spot on the field, whether Im stinking up the place or playing well, for yours. Blog that.

Whoa, settle down please. I'm pretty sure she just meant it as a joke becuase they wore skirts and you wear kilts, or maybe because you both have plaid in your uniforms. It doesn't seem to me that she was insulting the Kilties. Plus, I don't think it was very polite of you to say that a comparison to the Bandettes is such a bad thing.

That kicked in a brain cell.....

We hosted a Jr exihibition show at Hershey the day after the infamous (for Muchacho fans) 1975 DCI Finals. Got to meet a few Muchachos and only thing I remember is talking about was where the age outs would go.

Still remember one saying "I'm joining Sky, I'm sick of playing this Spanish crap!". :P

:lolhit:

Maybe Bandettes? LOL :P

Nothing wrong with that at all.. Their old contra player is a friend of mine, and ROCKS! , Plus they wear plaid!

I miss the Bandettes... Hope their new form does well for them.

As for a corops were like.. Well we share an instructor with the Colts...( my brother Stephen)..