If DCA were DCI

Kilties would have to be...

Kilties :) Only corps to be finalists in both DCI and DCA.

Let the blogging commence!! lol

In any case I wouldnt necessarily agree with that JC. Stylistically apart from the odd scottish number and Syne, I think we more closely emulate corps with varied repertoires, maybe a Bluecoats.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the day, my "alma mater" the Sunrisers were compared to the Santa Clara Vanguard, especially when Sun started using the Vanguard-style Aussie hats in 1976.

Please don't get me wrong here, but as much as we in Sun were honored to be compared to such a great corps (and I'm sure the Bucs are honored to be compared to Phantom, and Brigs to Blue Devils, etc.).....

I think it's MORE of a compliment to the various DCA corps to say that they can stand on their own with a style and personality all their own.

The Bushwackers, to me, are unique.... no one else like 'em in drum corps, on any level.

Ditto for the Empire Statesmen, Renegades, Caballeros, Chops Inc., Govenaires, and others.

The Bucs may be compared to Phantom Regiment, but to me, they are the Buccaneers..... doing their style of show, their way.

I hope the all-age corps never lose sight of the fact that they, indeed, CAN stand on their own when it comes to show styles, organizational philosophy, etc.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Back in the day, my "alma mater" the Sunrisers were compared to the Santa Clara Vanguard, especially when Sun started using the Vanguard-style Aussie hats in 1976.

Please don't get me wrong here, but as much as we in Sun were honored to be compared to such a great corps (and I'm sure the Bucs are honored to be compared to Phantom, and Brigs to Blue Devils, etc.).....

I think it's MORE of a compliment to the various DCA corps to say that they can stand on their own with a style and personality all their own.

The Bushwackers, to me, are unique.... no one else like 'em in drum corps, on any level.

Ditto for the Empire Statesmen, Renegades, Caballeros, Chops Inc., Govenaires, and others.

The Bucs may be compared to Phantom Regiment, but to me, they are the Buccaneers..... doing their style of show, their way.

I hope the all-age corps never lose sight of the fact that they, indeed, CAN stand on their own when it comes to show styles, organizational philosophy, etc.

Fran

*nominated for dcp post of the year!

:lol:

Thanks for the memory jog Fran...

Sunrisers - aka "Santa Flushing Vanguard" :P

No, no - that's Flushing as in Flushing, NY B)

Crusaders would be like....? Hmmm not sure....a cross between Velvet Knights and Madison? I don't know.

I like this one a lot:

Bushwackers (to me) are the Santa Clara Vanguards (because they could surprise you ANY year)

But I like this one even better

:) :) :)

An fun thread. Keep 'em coming.

New York Skyliners.......Boston Crusaders.

Except the Skyliners had a better French horn line. ^OO^ ^OO^

Fran