What's with all the negativity?

Trust me, this has been discussed over the past few days, but there has been no resolution to date.

I certainly hope you never give in to this. What is the point of denying that the Cadets and their leader and their program philosophy elicits strong opinions?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's time to consider changing the name of the activity to something more like Electro Music & Motion Corps or something similar instead of the old drum & bugle corps tag... The old name seems to leave out a lot of what's included today... :P

Well, just a thought... Back to the suggestion of beer! :)

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in the Cadets discussions. But as the last few weeks have proven, I can't ignore a major topic without throwing in my 2 cents, no matter how much people dislike it.

If you intend on using this post to attack my past comments/credibility, don't bother, you're wasting time.

*clears throat*

Leave Hopkins alone, leave the corps alone, and leave the show alone. The Cadets design team is going to keep pushing the line as long as the judges keep approving it with high marks, and they obviously are. Get used to it, stop whining, and stop flooding DCP with negative posts about the Cadets because you're all just recycling old arguements. If you don't like the show, go get a cool tasty beverage during it. But don't watch it, and then talk about what a waste of your time it was, because you chose to watch it.

Bottom Line: If the Cadets win in Madison, it's because they earned it with their much talked about hard work and dedication. Not because of some conspiracy or whatever.

Go Cadets

LOL. Hey ! I got a better one. Add something tangible to the "dicussions" about the Cadets and thier 2006 show. Im pretty sure hall monitor is not a job that DCP needs to fill right now.

You make quite a few assumptions in your diatribe. All which are false, all which could be proven untrue, but not worth the time. A rather predictable, worthless rant. But hey, thanks for adding more drops to the DCP flood fo Cadets posts !! : )

~G~

I think it's time to consider changing the name of the activity to something more like Electro Music & Motion Corps or something similar instead of the old drum & bugle corps tag... The old name seems to leave out a lot of what's included today... :P

Well, just a thought... Back to the suggestion of beer! :)

Strongly agree with both points!

LOL. Hey ! I got a better one. Add something tangible to the "dicussions" about the Cadets and thier 2006 show. Im pretty sure hall monitor is not a job that DCP needs to fill right now.

You make quite a few assumptions in your diatribe. All which are false, all which could be proven untrue, but not worth the time. A rather predictable, worthless rant. But hey, thanks for adding more drops to the DCP flood fo Cadets posts !! : )

~G~

Pot.........meet kettle.

Funny, you don't have the time when it does not suit you, rather when you you don't have a leg to stand on.

Thanks B)

umm beer

This might be the most meaningful post in any Cadets discussion thread, EVER.

I too like beer and find this to be the most informational thing I have read in the past hour

(all of which has been spent on DCP)

If you are so upset by others feeling perhaps you shouldnt read the Cadets threads.

How can I NOT? Almost every other thread sooner or later turns into a Cadets post, either for or against, plus the posts that are purely about them.

I certainly hope you never give in to this. What is the point of denying that the Cadets and their leader and their program philosophy elicits strong opinions?

Why not? Did I ever state that ALL posts should be deleted about the Cadets? Um...no. Last time I checked I said we should have 1 for, and 1 against. There are a ton of people on DCP that are SICK of reading all these posts, and Yes, even people who don't like the show have this point of view. Is having a 1 stop place for all your cadet B****ing and moaning really that horrible? It will be easier for everyone to find at the top of the thread.

Rant off, back to RAMD, ooops, I mean DCP.

I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in the Cadets discussions. But as the last few weeks have proven, I can't ignore a major topic without throwing in my 2 cents, no matter how much people dislike it.

If you intend on using this post to attack my past comments/credibility, don't bother, you're wasting time.

*clears throat*

Leave Hopkins alone, leave the corps alone, and leave the show alone. The Cadets design team is going to keep pushing the line as long as the judges keep approving it with high marks, and they obviously are. Get used to it, stop whining, and stop flooding DCP with negative posts about the Cadets because you're all just recycling old arguements. If you don't like the show, go get a cool tasty beverage during it. But don't watch it, and then talk about what a waste of your time it was, because you chose to watch it.

Bottom Line: If the Cadets win in Madison, it's because they earned it with their much talked about hard work and dedication. Not because of some conspiracy or whatever.

Go Cadets

believe it or not, i do not read every thread on DCP. wanna know why?

I have the ability to look at a topic and see if it's a topic i want to go in. guess what you and every other dcp poster has?

the same thing.

ya dont wanna read it, dont open it.

I deleted the off-topic posts from the "I broke my promise" thread and merged it with this one.

Muwahahaha, how many of you here can say you started a topic that led to 30 pages? I'm the King of DCP!!!

me. bored forum, 100+ pages