Spokane. WA Scores

I was looking for Vanguard to start pulling away at this point. :(

Well, from what I've discovered, Vanguard just modified (for better or worse, don't know) some of their drill. And, due to injuries, they've had to replace some members, so they've got kids out on the field that just started marching with the corps after the season had already started. :o (funny, I've have nightmares about being thrown into the exact same situation...but it's during a show!)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, from what I've discovered, Vanguard just modified (for better or worse, don't know) some of their drill. And, due to injuries, they've had to replace some members, so they've got kids out on the field that just started marching with the corps after the season had already started. :o (funny, I've have nightmares about being thrown into the exact same situation...but it's during a show!)

Yes, I talked to the lady in the Vanguard souvie truck when I saw they had a sign up saying that there were brass positions available. She said that they had just flown in some replacements, and that the positions were now filled. They were marching 3 mello holes, I believe, at the Spokane show.

... so they've got kids out on the field that just started marching with the corps after the season had already started. :o (funny, I've have nightmares about being thrown into the exact same situation...but it's during a show!)

I have that same dream all the time.

And in the dream, I always bellieve that I can still fake it just by following the guys on either side on me and make it work. b**bs

I agree, they all need to get away from the west because there is no way that BK is anywhere near SCV right now, and as far as the rest of the summer I see a big gap about to open up between them. Kyle, you need to come visit/call us sometime, it has been forever.

Way!! They ARE close!!! .6 close to be matter of fact and let's not forget that the Blue Knights are not some scrub of an organization. They have made finals or11 times since 91 and have placed in the top 6 before (2000).

I think that BD proved the idea of west coast bias to be a farse. So when these corps meet up with other corps in the southwest, midwest, midnorth, mideurope, mideast or wherever, they are still going to be close. Because THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE IS POWERFUL!!! Bring on the EVIL Knights Baby!!! ^0^

Wesley Perkins

Evil BK '97 '98

I am never one to criticize judging but how can you not in this situation. Yes, the show needs work, but shouldn't they be given credit for the demand of this show. There are moments when I am blown away with what is on the field and others that make me want to close my eyes and pretend I'm not seeing what I'm seeing, but early season dirt is coming off and they have improved a lot since Wednesday in Salem. In the judges eyes they haven't improved at all. From what I've heard some of the judges are only following the less talented kids the entire show and only pointing out their mistakes and not looking for positive things to comment on. Last time I checked we weren't using the tick system anymore, and it feels like that is what they are doing. The NW judging is never kind to us though, if you look back to previous years Cascades never improve very much score wise when in the NW...why is that?? It is frusterating because I know as soon as they leave the NW their score will go up to were it should be, and I don't understand how what I have seen the last few days is bottom tier drum corps, because honestly, with out any corps bias at all, i do not think that it is.

I'll give you a very good reason why not. There's a REASON why we tend to boo one NW judge in particular when his name is announced.

As for the S'cades though, the show is very very rough. And the kids seem to be a bit timid when it comes to playing softly (Hornline).

The guard also has some serious issues with interpretation and synchronization of what they're doing with the entire rest of the corps.

Again, their scores don't surprise me. I just hope they can stay together.

Edited by apoch003

I too am extremely sadened by what's happening with the Cascades. It actually broke my heart to watch them on Saturday.

I truely believe that they CAN fix this after the season is done...but will they? I hope! I believe this "problem" had actually started my age-out year (2003). So many great players/marchers that year (far better than 2002) and we couldn't get higher than 15th. Why? I don't really want to get into that right now. BUT, the Cascades do have alot of issues, and they are going to take a long time to fix. I'm not going to get into the things that I think they can do to fix that...it's not my place. But, knowing their management...they know.

I definately do give credit to the staff members that are on the road right now. Keep up the hard work, don't give up! You are all strong individuals, and can tough it out, knowing what can be. This is a great organization, and has been for a long time. I believe, and so should you all. To the members...I know it can be tough...even my age-out year, at times I was ready to bail out at any time...but I stuck through it. You can do it! There are reasons you joined drum corps...and the biggest one is to perform, and entertain! And, your season is still young, and you'll have plenty more performances! Have fun! Work hard! And, you'll feel great about it all once it's done!

Just know, all of you on the road right now with the Cascades...member, volunteers, staff...we are back home rooting for you all the way! You are all in our thoughts, and in our prayers!

Nate

Cascades '98,'99,'02,'03