Crossmen

Would it be a humorous jab to briefly "tune the radio" to a station that announced "Yowza, Yowza" and then quickly change the channel? All in the spirit of fun.

The marching band section is great, as is the latin (needs more punch, though). The brief traffic report needs a better helicopter sound effect, and the Mozart could be shortened a bit. Otherwise, a fun section of a creative show.

Success = a fun, educational, and safe summer of performances members can be proud of. An extra show on Saturday night is a great bonus.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be a humorous jab to briefly "tune the radio" to a station that announced "Yowza, Yowza" and then quickly change the channel? All in the spirit of fun.

:rock::rock:

Down with humor and having a great time!! C'mon guys. Seriously. It's funny. Is it Crossmen? Not entirely. Is it really that big a deal? NO. I think it's nearing time for DCP to shut down for a week and let everyone sit back and breathe. This is getting ridiculous.

Down with humor and having a great time!! C'mon guys. Seriously. It's funny. Is it Crossmen? Not entirely. Is it really that big a deal? NO. I think it's nearing time for DCP to shut down for a week and let everyone sit back and breathe. This is getting ridiculous.

I was about to say, let's hope DCI doesn't turn into the NFL...as in the NO FUN LEAGUE.

While I don't consider what the Crossmen are doing to be the slapstick over the top funny schtick of the Velvet Knights, I do appreciate that they programmed something into their show that was meant to be FUN. It's good to see that kind of variety in shows these days, and audiences seem to be enjoying it.

What's going with Crossmen equals what is going on with Cadets. I haven't posted in a LONG time here but here is my two cents on this:

IMO, The problems with Xmen is extremely numerous ranging from the fact that guard work was extremely "off/dirty" at the Westminster,Md. show to the fact that this show they have this season is a "BOA" type of program because of the fact that they want this to sound like a "JACK-FM type of deal.

Now the Cadets now the other hand seem to think they could pull a "fast one" on people and make it seem like the typical "USSBA" shows you see in the fall on that circuit and that to me is extremely tacky. The brass section is incredible for Cadets but the percussion and front lines just don't do for me. The singing has to go as well and if it did and there was more percussion work this show would be in the top 3 hands down.

I used to throughly enjoy both of these corps. years ago but I can't say that anymore. I feel sorry for these kids that bust their butts everyday and have to be critizised for something they have no "control" over.

Like I said before, it's been awhile since I've been on here but after reading all the stuff here I felt compelled to mention what I though was wrong.

Btw, Xmen have 0 chance of making to "championship night" the way I see it. Cadets will, but they don't have the show to take it all.

Thanks for your time and letting get this off my chest.

Its gotta be the incense they burn while the horns warm-up. Hippies man, I tell ya! Haha.

But in all honesty, I watched the hornline warmup on Sunday in Rockford and they are a class act. One of the cooler warmup sessions I've ever watched and the incense was a nice touch.

I always liked the Crossmen and wondered what it would have been like to march there. All my Scout buddies looked at me weird when I said that. Who was the older guy warming the hornline up?

IMO, The problems with Xmen is extremely numerous ranging from the fact that guard work was extremely "off/dirty" at the Westminster,Md. show

FYI because of an earlier rainout, Westminster MD was Crossmen's first judged show of the year. Crossmen placed 6th in the show. Despite their late start, the Crossmen's talented colorguard placed THIRD, just two tenths behind Crown's successful guard, three tenths over Boston's guard, FIVE tenths over Phantom Regiment's guard, and 1.5 over Spirit's guard!

FYI because of an earlier rainout, Westminster MD was Crossmen's first judged show of the year. Crossmen placed 6th in the show. Despite their late start, the Crossmen's talented colorguard placed THIRD, just two tenths behind Crown's successful guard, three tenths over Boston's guard, FIVE tenths over Phantom Regiment's guard, and 1.5 over Spirit's guard!

Stop using stats and facts in a flame thread! :P