Crossmen

I see no reason why they shouldn't. The youth is what will drive the activity for years to come.

Exactly... and ESPN 2 is counting on it too.

Edited by xbones7480

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't I know it. I live in Pittsburgh. It's nothing slick editing couldn't overcome. Mr. Rogers:The Lost Episode.

As a fellow Pittsburgher, I must

:beer::beer::beer:

Being a newbie Corps parent and not knowing any different, what's the affect on the Corps members when they're taking time off like this? The CW (conventional wisdom for those outside the Beltway) expected them to be neck-to-neck with Spirit, Colts, et al, but these others corps have continued to complete and improved on their scores, increasing the spread between them and the XMen. I know the kids are looking at the stats (just like all of us back home) so it must be affecting them somehow. Is it motivation? I hope it's not anti-motivation!

They're hardly taking time off. They're probably feeling like they're back in spring training with the way the staff is pushing them in these rehearsal days. Just like last year, the corps is stuck in a slump where they are improving, but the scores aren't nescessarily reflecting the improvement. Granted, they've still got a ton of cleaning to do. At this point the lower scores are actually motivation because they feel like they have something to prove. Only time will tell if they can make that motivation last. Knowing they way many of the members feel about missing finals last year, I imagine they'll find a way to keep pushing no matter what. Like Chez said, we'll have a much better idea of where they stand after Denver.

After all, the Crossmen are the darkhorse.

If Crossmen make the finals this can be the beginning of a great conspiracy thread.

Well, unless they make top 7 they won't get any real air-time anyway. Don't break out your tin-foil hat just yet.

If Crossmen make the finals this can be the beginning of a great conspiracy thread.

But if they don't... it would still be a conspiracy thread... so what's the difference.

Being a newbie Corps parent and not knowing any different, what's the affect on the Corps members when they're taking time off like this? The CW (conventional wisdom for those outside the Beltway) expected them to be neck-to-neck with Spirit, Colts, et al, but these others corps have continued to complete and improved on their scores, increasing the spread between them and the XMen. I know the kids are looking at the stats (just like all of us back home) so it must be affecting them somehow. Is it motivation? I hope it's not anti-motivation!

That's is good question for a newbie parent...

Don't be concerned with the fact that your corps goes a few days without a show. If you'll check the schedules of the other corps you will find that at some point almost all of them will have a period where they go a few days without a show.

The corps is not "taking time off". Rehearsals are still going on and changes are being made with a goal of make the show better. At some point, the corps will be rewarded for this work with a bump in the score. When all is said and done I think you will indeed find the XMen being right there with Spirit and Colts.

As for the kids looking at the stats...the stats mean NOTHING in early July and the so-called rankings change every night. I'm sure the kids are curious where they stand, but I also know that their staff (as do all good staffs) is not focused on scores at this point in the season.

There are going to be some very good corps not in finals this year. Your child is getting the experience of a lifetime getting to perform with a Div 1 drum corps. As a parent...ENJOY!