Crossmen

Sadly - this amounts to "selling out" for profits. If so then it's an even worse reason to change than somebody having an artistic vision that may not be shared by everyone.

I need to think this idea over a bit but I fear you may be right, and if so it is very sad and morally weak.

It is sad...

But that's Show Biz!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FROM AN ACTUAL ARTICLE...

How did DCI Rate on TV in 2005?

Crossmen alumna Diane Denesowicz (75-78) is the Director of Consumer Insights at MindShare in New York City, one of the largest “media investment management” companies in the world. Part of her job is following the Nielsen ratings.

Here’s what they had to say about DCI:

The Drum Corps International (DCI) Championships on ESPN2 were the 13th ranked program for the week it aired. It had one of the youngest audience profiles on the network. The median age of the viewer was 30. That is lower than most of the programming on ESPN2. DCI ranked 5th in the Male Age 18 to 34 category among all ESPN2 shows that week. It was #1 for Women 18-34. The show also did well in drawing teens to the network as it was the #3 ESPN2 show for the week for Teens 12-17.

What if Mr. Rogers sang "My Humps" while feeding his fish or putting on the cardigan? :worthy:

He's dead. You would need a LOT of amps for that one......

FROM AN ACTUAL ARTICLE...

How did DCI Rate on TV in 2005?

Crossmen alumna Diane Denesowicz (75-78) is the Director of Consumer Insights at MindShare in New York City, one of the largest “media investment management” companies in the world. Part of her job is following the Nielsen ratings.

Here’s what they had to say about DCI:

The Drum Corps International (DCI) Championships on ESPN2 were the 13th ranked program for the week it aired. It had one of the youngest audience profiles on the network. The median age of the viewer was 30. That is lower than most of the programming on ESPN2. DCI ranked 5th in the Male Age 18 to 34 category among all ESPN2 shows that week. It was #1 for Women 18-34. The show also did well in drawing teens to the network as it was the #3 ESPN2 show for the week for Teens 12-17.

Well - I'm hoping DCA never hits ESPN.

i think the whole radio section is freakin hilarious, including my humps, i mean, there has been alot more provacative stuff on a football field than 5 bars of a bad black-eyed peas song.(Carmen last year? 92 BD When a man? come on)

and beside what if it's on in the car before you get to the show, why is it any different to explain to the 6 year-old then than at a drum corps show?

edit: also, 1: i doubt the 6 year old will care about the signifigance of the lyrics, I didn't know what tittes where when i was that young, and 2: it's not even that sugestive of a song, compared to some of the stuff they could have picked.

Edited by tubacurt

crossmen had one show so far this week. traveling and rehearsing on the way to denver.

see where they fall after the weekend.

EXACTLY! When I first saw the rankings, I knew it was because they haven't been to a show recently so their score has not changed. I see them right now sitting in 14th if not 13th. They are still in contingent for that 12th spot but from what others are saying they really need to clean house. I haven't seen them live yet, but I did view the video clip. The "Humps" segment was funny but they could do without it. I'm curious as to what the judges are saying about it.

crossmen had one show so far this week. traveling and rehearsing on the way to denver.

see where they fall after the weekend.

Chez is right, they haven't performed since Sunday. They did a performance in Chicago on the Navy Pier on Monday, and are in rehearsals until they arrive in Lincoln on Thursday.

Being a newbie Corps parent and not knowing any different, what's the affect on the Corps members when they're taking time off like this? The CW (conventional wisdom for those outside the Beltway) expected them to be neck-to-neck with Spirit, Colts, et al, but these others corps have continued to complete and improved on their scores, increasing the spread between them and the XMen. I know the kids are looking at the stats (just like all of us back home) so it must be affecting them somehow. Is it motivation? I hope it's not anti-motivation!

Where's Bones when you need him?

Edited by JrzyInVA

_____

Looks like they'll be shooting to get more Teens to watch it this year.

That's "Show Biz"

_____

Looks like they'll be shooting to get more Teens to watch it this year.

That's "Show Biz"

I see no reason why they shouldn't. The youth is what will drive the activity for years to come.

i think the whole radio section is freakin hilarious, including my humps, i mean, there has been alot more provacative stuff on a football field than 5 bars of a bad black-eyed peas song.(Carmen last year? 92 BD When a man? come on)

and beside what if it's on in the car before you get to the show, why is it any different to explain to the 6 year-old then than at a drum corps show?

edit: also, 1: i doubt the 6 year old will care about the signifigance of the lyrics, I didn't know what tittes where when i was that young, and 2: it's not even that sugestive of a song, compared to some of the stuff they could have picked.

Yep, I agree! Do you guys remember the Cadet show way back in the '90s when the guard was doing some stuff on the field that left your jaw hanging? It involved couples, a picnic basket and a blanket. The judges asked them to tone it down! I happen to see it before it was taken out and I must say I was a little shocked! :sshh:

I don't think "My Humps" is so provocative, but more gimmick like. It reminds me of what a high school marching band would use for half-time. Even though it supposed to be about "switching channels" and you just happen to catch that tune, I do think they could have picked something else with more impact. Just my 2¢.