Crossmen

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I marched we had 135 members. Someone different did the show every day. Two others would be back-ups, and the others would take the night off. It's mostly because we could only afford one uniform.

:spit:

I agree. I really want Colts to break in, but it's pretty difficult to figure out who's not gonna be in there. I love their show this year.

2004's show with American Overture and Old Man River was very well done, too. Should've finished higher than 16th. "Should've finished higher" seems to be the M.O. for the Colts, though.

Edited by Studio Tan

:spit:

God! I make one typo and now I have people posting stupid pictures of (what looks like) someone drinking soda and throwing it back up. What's that all about?

Thanks Chez, for actually giving me an honest answer to my original thread question.

hey, it's ok. I'm just laughing at the irony of that b/c I actually MARCHED there. :worthy:

I don't care about the typo....honest. :) Just found the one man show thing hilarious!

God! I make one typo and now I have people posting stupid pictures of (what looks like) someone drinking soda and throwing it back up. What's that all about?

Thanks Chez, for actually giving me an honest answer to my original thread question.

You're very observant :)

(just giving you a hard time... b**bs)

I see the Colts making Finals this year, in dramatic fashion. I agree that it will be very difficult to do, but when it happens it will be done on semifinals night. They will likely sit 13th all the way through championships week, when they will pass Spirit for 12th. Shades of 1993 for the Red Team passing VK. :)

crossmen had one show so far this week. traveling and rehearsing on the way to denver.

see where they fall after the weekend.

Also, neither the Blue Stars nor the Capital Regiment have bested the Crossmen in head-to-head competition. When they've met, Crossmen prevailed in score. Also, Crossmen beat Colts once, and Colts beat Crossmen once.

I am presuming that the rankings are therefore just raw scores?[/

In regard to "My Humps", are the complaints based on the content and implications of the song or that the Crossmen are using it? Would the reaction be the same if Bridgemen, VK or Impulse did the bit and used the song? Because Crossmen are viewed as a "serious, competitive" corps they can't use a song that's been played on top 40 formatted radio stations ad nausium for months? As for the lyrical content, I don't think stopping usage of the song is going to save the virgin ears of the nation's 15-25 yr old demographic, which are the ones who are marching in Crossmen and every other corps and a great number of whom probably have the cd or downloaded it on to thier mp3s. IMO, the popluarity of the song is the reason it's used, it fits into the channel surfing segment very well and it's all in innocent fun.