Joining an All Age Corps

The top five corps are selective (competitive) but most corps will work with you. I played snare for a lot of years. Now I play soprano and love it. In mini-corps, I can fill most any spot thats needed. last year I played 2nd bari and quads for the drum solo in mini-corps and bass 1 for the regular season. What a blast! Before that, I got to play soprano for our salute to Maynard. Now THAT was fun. Horn does grow on you. It's what I do now (mostly). good luck.

Edited by Mike_B

Govies have had a 79 year history of people with any and all experiences. I was a piano player who played pit for four years. Then I decided to try something new and switched to Sop. Now I play Mello. I had no experience on brass or percussion, but was educated thru the corps. Check out the camps and see where you fit best. Govies, MBI and Chops each have their own styles and personalities. I know Govies would be more than happy to have you check out a performance or even march a parade with us yet this summer. B)

I was out of drumming for about 20 years, so you can come back. If you are not in MBI shape, you should definitely consider a corps like the Govenaires.

In terms of chopbuilding, check out this website: Digital Drum Tech. It contains downloadable chopbuilding exercises that can help get you back in shape.

Everyone should consider the Govenaires, especially if you are in MBI shape. Come Join Us!

I totally agree with everything that's been said already! The Greater Twin Cities area is lucky to have THREE terrific drum corps organizations. Each is a class act and you would have fun in any one of them.

I totally agree with everything that's been said already! The Greater Twin Cities area is lucky to have THREE terrific drum corps organizations. Each is a class act and you would have fun in any one of them.

And with the Twin Cities being suburbs of Racine anyway, it's a mere couple hour drive to "kilt up". :beer:

2007 "Membership Rally/Open House" Sunday, November 12th. Gilmore Middle School, Racine, Wisconsin.

Wow I never really thought about about how lucky we are here in Minnesota. I love it when people ask why doesn't Minnesota have a junior coprs? Why would we need one? We have three world class all ages corps. Any ways, after seeing this post I feel that I should toss my fishing line into the proverbial lake of new recruits.

I march center snare for the Govenaires, and I absolutely love this corps. As a point that MBIquad2001 mde. once you find your home, you don't have to leave. I've been with the Govies now for 7 years, except a little age out exprience with the Colts for a year. The Govenaires are very performance oriented, we love to have a fun time entertain crowds and be rockstars. No matter where you go, you will be apart of the enormous Minnesota Drum Corps family.

And with the Twin Cities being suburbs of Racine anyway, it's a mere couple hour drive to "kilt up". :rock:

Yes, I have always felt that the Twin Cities looked up to its big brother, Racine!

Thanks everyone for all the kind words.

It looks like I will have no shortage of opportunities for the next season! As for this fall, I am also very interested in the mysterious and award winning TREMENDOUS BLAST! I spoke to Kilanowski about this, and this seems like a great opportunity to play some shows and drink beer (which is a strong selling point).

Wow I never really thought about about how lucky we are here in Minnesota. I love it when people ask why doesn't Minnesota have a junior coprs? Why would we need one? We have three world class all ages corps.

I've always thought that Minnesota is due for having a junior corps born in the state again. But, you drive a hard bargain.

As for this fall, I am also very interested in the mysterious and award winning TREMENDOUS BLAST! I spoke to Kilanowski about this, and this seems like a great opportunity to play some shows and drink beer (which is a strong selling point).

:mmm:

TREMENDOUS!

TREMENDOUS!

OH! OH!

TREMENDOUS!

A wise choice. No matter what other corps you march, anyone is always welcome to join the GREATEST DRUM & BUGLE CORPS IN THE WORLD every Oktoberfest!

TREMENDOUS!

TREMENDOUS!

OH! OH!

TREMENDOUS![/b]

A wise choice. No matter what other corps you march, anyone is always welcome to join the GREATEST DRUM & BUGLE CORPS IN THE WORLD every Oktoberfest!

I sent in my recruitment request from the website!

The top five corps are selective (competitive) but most corps will work with you. I played snare for a lot of years. Now I play soprano and love it. In mini-corps, I can fill most any spot thats needed. last year I played 2nd bari and quads for the drum solo in mini-corps and bass 1 for the regular season. What a blast! Before that, I got to play soprano for our salute to Maynard. Now THAT was fun. Horn does grow on you. It's what I do now (mostly). good luck.

Hey Mikey B. (as he is affectionatly known) You forgot your stint on Mellophone in the early 90's. b**bs Mike is our resident Multi-tasker. When we say....."Hey Mike ...we need you here"

he simply replies...."Ya O.K. no problem.....it's all good".

Gotta Luv em :rock: