What to expect when on tour

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect to see weird and unusual things...

It's 3:00 am and your bus driver is in front of you in line for water... at 75 mph. :rock:

"We weren't lost! There's a compass on my radar detector!" (same guy)

Two naked guys at the pianos in the locker/music room in bristol playing 'final countdown' as a duet.

A shower room with a toilet right between two shower heads. (everybody wanted to use it of course)

I never had to sit up all night as horn sergeant, but I did have to count to 64 about 5616546 times a day.

Expect to line fields.

Expect to have to line a drum field somewhere else after you find out the school has (pre-lined) turf.

Laundry days will not be as often as stated before you signed your contract.

"Laundry days" are actually "laundry 3 hours." One load of everything really is fine.

Go puddle hunting with the bus during "laundry 3 hours." And you thought that was fun in a car... :rock:

Roaches asking you which way to the shower in Alabama.

Taradactals in the midwest, sparrow- sized dragonflies in the carolinas, and florida is actually made of fire ants.

Expect to not hear the squad of F-14s flying 1000' overhead until after the hornline stops. (then wave g'bye when they punch it up to mach 2 over the gulf) :rock:

That's all I've got for now.

Expect to see weird and unusual things...

It's 3:00 am and your bus driver is in front of you in line for water... at 75 mph. :rock:

"We weren't lost! There's a compass on my radar detector!" (same guy)

Two naked guys at the pianos in the locker/music room in bristol playing 'final countdown' as a duet.

A shower room with a toilet right between two shower heads. (everybody wanted to use it of course)

I never had to sit up all night as horn sergeant, but I did have to count to 64 about 5616546 times a day.

Expect to line fields.

Expect to have to line a drum field somewhere else after you find out the school has (pre-lined) turf.

Laundry days will not be as often as stated before you signed your contract.

"Laundry days" are actually "laundry 3 hours." One load of everything really is fine.

Go puddle hunting with the bus during "laundry 3 hours." And you thought that was fun in a car... :rock:

Roaches asking you which way to the shower in Alabama.

Taradactals in the midwest, sparrow- sized dragonflies in the carolinas, and florida is actually made of fire ants.

Expect to not hear the squad of F-14s flying 1000' overhead until after the hornline stops. (then wave g'bye when they punch it up to mach 2 over the gulf) :rock:

That's all I've got for now.

GREAT!!! b**bs

Find out that you CAN get romantic in a bus seat with 43 family member sitting next to you

Everyone else on the bus KNOWS you are getting romantic, and they dont really care

Actually....

Expect to be the butt of many jokes and expect people to talk about you / it behind your backs.

Expect to look and smell like crap every day, and still manage to get some action.

Expect to get sunburnt.

Expect to love the sight of truck stops and convenience stores.

If there's an ice cream shop (or a SONIC!) near the housing/show site, expect to wait in line.

Expect to get the answer "Just eat it. It's good for you." when you ask what's for dinner.

Expect to see some pretty disturbing, but impressive things during rookie talent night...if you remember it.

???