Current DCA Standings

Well speaking as someone who was actually at the Arnold, MD show...

I cannot speak for us or Skyliners, as I was either on the field, or marching out of the stadium at the time. But I did see Music City Legend from the gate.

They sounded really decent. Marching was pretty good as well. What struck me as I watched them rehearse was their rehearsal etiquette. Superb. It left no wonder in my mind as to how this corps got so good so fast.

Hurricanes have improved considerably since I saw them last at Dover. They've also gotten larger. The show has a lot of potential. And to be honest, the only reason I can see them missing the Top 6, is the perennial visits from MBI and Renegades.

CorpsVets are the big sound of the South. Reminds me alot of the older versions of the Spirit of Atlanta. I doubt I'm the only one. Anyhow, having watched their show and Hurricanes' show, I honestly thought CorpsVets had them, but not by much.

I guess this turned into more of a review than what I meant it to be, but here's my point...

The scores at Arnold were not inflated based on what I've seen of the other corps this year. Besides... look at the judging panel. I know someone mentioned earlier, but these guys are not rookies. They know their stuff. I think the increase in score really did come from improvement of the corps' performances. Everybody I saw at Arnold that was at Dover was WAY better.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the scoring in MD- my corps, CorpsVets, are performing better today than they ever have. Hurricanes are better than I've seen them be in several years. Hurricanes have been DCA champions and CV has been a DCA class A champion.

I'm diggin' it.

I am probably going to catch major slack for this, but oh well! The MD score do seem a bit high to me as well! The Hurricanes are a great corps, but them contending for 5th place, seems a bit odd to me. I know Cru hasn't done all it can to help ourselfs, but usually we are in the thick of things with them, including the Rochester/Dover show weekend, with us being ahead of them. Now for them to be ten points ahead of us, hmmmmmmmm... All i we can do is make our game better, and we intend on doing that! Please don't take what I said as a dis on any corps at all, I am a drum corps fans, as well as marcher. Good luck to all! See you on the 50!

I saw em two weeks ago. Their design is well beyond anything I have seen from Hurcs since the ben Hur years. looking at the recaps from the Harrisburg show to the MD show, it seems that they are getting cleaner every week, and I said then, the only thing holding them back was the dirt.

amazing things can happen in 2 weeks. look at my comments about Cabs from Harrisburg, then in Lewisburg. whole new corps. maybe that happened for Hurcs.

Yup - it was a weird night for us... almost a quarter of our corps couldn't make the show in time. Not competing against anyone took some of the edge off too. Definitely the most fun I've had all season. :)

:D Those shows are always fun. A couple years ago, there were a pair of shows in the Milwaukee area that we went to after the DCM Championships were over. Kind of an anti-climax to the season, since we'd already done the championship we were attending that year. It was decided that we'd just have a blast, blow off rehearsal the whole trip, and just lay it out on the field. They weren't the cleanest shows of the season, but they were definitely the most fun!

ugh....im not liking our placement <**>

it's not August yet. anything can happen

very impressed with MCL's first ever Open Class score coming out of the gate with a 70.

Well speaking as someone who was actually at the Arnold, MD show...

I cannot speak for us or Skyliners, as I was either on the field, or marching out of the stadium at the time. But I did see Music City Legend from the gate.

They sounded really decent. Marching was pretty good as well. What struck me as I watched them rehearse was their rehearsal etiquette. Superb. It left no wonder in my mind as to how this corps got so good so fast.

Hurricanes have improved considerably since I saw them last at Dover. They've also gotten larger. The show has a lot of potential. And to be honest, the only reason I can see them missing the Top 6, is the perennial visits from MBI and Renegades.

CorpsVets are the big sound of the South. Reminds me alot of the older versions of the Spirit of Atlanta. I doubt I'm the only one. Anyhow, having watched their show and Hurricanes' show, I honestly thought CorpsVets had them, but not by much.

I guess this turned into more of a review than what I meant it to be, but here's my point...

The scores at Arnold were not inflated based on what I've seen of the other corps this year. Besides... look at the judging panel. I know someone mentioned earlier, but these guys are not rookies. They know their stuff. I think the increase in score really did come from improvement of the corps' performances. Everybody I saw at Arnold that was at Dover was WAY better.

Thanks for the review, even if you didn't mean to.

Without someone taking the time to offer their observations, it's just a bunch of numbers for those watching from afar.

I am probably going to catch major slack for this, but oh well! The MD score do seem a bit high to me as well! The Hurricanes are a great corps, but them contending for 5th place, seems a bit odd to me. I know Cru hasn't done all it can to help ourselfs, but usually we are in the thick of things with them, including the Rochester/Dover show weekend, with us being ahead of them. Now for them to be ten points ahead of us, hmmmmmmmm... All i we can do is make our game better, and we intend on doing that! Please don't take what I said as a dis on any corps at all, I am a drum corps fans, as well as marcher. Good luck to all! See you on the 50!

so what you are saying is really a corps can't improve from one season to the next?

you rightfully should catch slack for this comment because you despite what you say, are dissing the Hurcs. you are saying they can't be as good as the score they were were given because in past years they haven't doen so well, yet you say this without even seeing the corps to know how they are doing.

if you want to compare the Rochester / Dover show weekend as a reference point for why you are thinking the Hurcs really can't possibly be that good and why you are in the same league as them score wise let's look at history. you were ahead of Hurcs at the LI show last June face to face. at your next face to face meeting they were ahead of you by over a point, culminating in them making finals and you missing the cut and the Hurcs being roughly 3 points ahead of you. do you really want to go by past years' comparisons then? because basically what you are saying by doing so is they will still beat you again at finals this year. :D

so instead of sitting here being an arm chair quarterback for scores and telling people what you think they should be without even seeing the show, why don't you hold off on evaluating the score worthiness of the Hurricanes' show until such time as both corps come head to head? because that is what will produce the only true definative answer as to the scores. B)