Anyone else think Regiment can win this thing?

I don't know guys, Phantom Regiment seems to be on the move, and the additions to the show have made it, IMO, a contender for the title. There are still a couple of weeks left. This show has really grown on me, but now comes the question of whether or not they have the time to catch BD. Three more weeks of serious cleaning, I am thinking they can pull it off.

PS - If you have not seen the show, then you are missing out. Just listening to the audio doesn't do it justice, as the visual package is wonderful!

Edited by Newseditor44

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, don't see it happening. They don't have the show.

But I still love it.

I really enjoy the show, too, and anything is possible, I suppose, but no, I really don't think so. The visual design isn't good enough, though the corps seems to be performing what they have VERY well. I think they'll maximize the visual's potential, that's for sure.

I'd certainly like to think that they can win it all!!! Overtaking corps like the Blue Devils and Cavaliers is a tall order though. Everyone is so good. It's like the really really good corps against the really good corps. I will be pulling for them!

I read in their member's journal that they've made a lot of changes to the show recently, both visually and musically. Apparently, there's a new ending to the opener and a totally brand new closer. Can anyone tell us anything about these changes? They definitely seem to be for the better.

Can't wait to see San Antonio tomorrow (live streaming is God's gift to drum corps fans that can't travel all over the country).

Just doing some research, this is really feeling like ten years ago when Regiment won. Thei were down 3 points to BD with two weeks remaining. Same Scenerio here, and they seem to be making up the points in little chunks here and there.

I really think they have a shot at a Championship with this show, and at the very least, a second place finish.

I think the visual design problems have either gone away or are exaggerated, because last night I loved it

I think a lot of people like to stereotype Phantom as having bad drill (which I don't think they do this year), or Crown being too easy drill wise (which they certainly aren't this year), etc, etc.

Phantom's show is REALLY coming together, more so than what I thought this time last year with them.

Out of the hunt? nope, BIG uphill battle, yup

Well, I don't know if it can win it all (not seen Cavies or Cadets so far), but I really enjoyed their show and I do think it has the legs to catch BD. As for everyone else, that's going to be tough. And I actually do think that they have a very strong total package this year -- music and visual.