Anyone else think Regiment can win this thing?

I really enjoy the show, too, and anything is possible, I suppose, but no, I really don't think so. The visual design isn't good enough, though the corps seems to be performing what they have VERY well. I think they'll maximize the visual's potential, that's for sure.
a lot of things would have to happen for Phantom to win.

that is, BD and Cavaliers would have to stop practicing, and Phantom would need to re-write the entire visual package.

good show, but nowhere near the top 2 corps as of now.

~>conner

When was the last time you saw the show live? If it wasn't in the last four days then you haven't seen their show. They have a new musical and visual ending to the opener and a new musical and visual closer. They have changed whole minutes of the show. Look at what has happened with their GE scores over the last week. That is a result of the changes that have been made. Their execution scores have fallen back due to the changes not being as clean as the rest of the show. What do you think is going to happen when they clean those changes and the rest of the show. I foresee, as I have all season, Bluecoats being left behind by PR and Cadets due to the changes being made in their shows. In the end it will come down to a 4 team race and Bluecoats better hope that the rest of the 2nd tier corps dont catch up to them.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pr82292, if they do manage to make top 2, I'll be the first to be happy for them. :)

I'll let you know after tomorrow if I think the changes are enough. I'm overjoyed that they changed their closer. It needed to be changed a lot, IMO, if the show were to be able to get up to top 3 level.

a lot of things would have to happen for Phantom to win.

that is, BD and Cavaliers would have to stop practicing, and Phantom would need to re-write the entire visual package.

good show, but nowhere near the top 2 corps as of now.

~>conner

I'm surprised your not working with a corp right now. Especially with the expertise you seem to have. I'm sure they (Insert Corp) would jump up a few spots using your expert knowledge! :huh:

By the way, just giving you a hard time!

I hated this show when I first heard it back in June. I thought the music was choppy and there was no GE, but since then, after seeing it, It's my favorite show of the year.

This show has legs folks!

Fav. show..that's great. But that does not spell out a championship show. This is not it. I could have my fav. show and still not think it's the best out there. That is a huge difference. Example...2001. The Cadets were my favorite that year. Did i think they deserved to be champs...NO. I enjoyed it more than BD or Cavaliers.

Fav. show..that's great. But that does not spell out a championship show. This is not it. I could have my fav. show and still not think it's the best out there. That is a huge difference. Example...2001. The Cadets were my favorite that year. Did i think they deserved to be champs...NO. I enjoyed it more than BD or Cavaliers.

Thanks for the input Einstein!

I understand that. I am simply pointing out that it seems like a lot of people (me included) said this show had no chance to place higher than fifth or so at the start of the season. But with the changes, it's one #### of a show, and has a legit chance of at least a top two.

Nobody cares what my favorite or your favorite show is, and that's fine with me.

I'm surprised your not working with a corp right now. Especially with the expertise you seem to have. I'm sure they (Insert Corp) would jump up a few spots using your expert knowledge! :huh:

By the way, just giving you a hard time!

My God like skills are need here at home.

I've gotta get my parents to let me march first, though.

:P

~>conner

When was the last time you saw the show live? If it wasn't in the last four days then you haven't seen their show. They have a new musical and visual ending to the opener and a new musical and visual closer. They have changed whole minutes of the show. Look at what has happened with their GE scores over the last week. That is a result of the changes that have been made. Their execution scores have fallen back due to the changes not being as clean as the rest of the show. What do you think is going to happen when they clean those changes and the rest of the show. I foresee, as I have all season, Bluecoats being left behind by PR and Cadets due to the changes being made in their shows. In the end it will come down to a 4 team race and Bluecoats better hope that the rest of the 2nd tier corps dont catch up to them.

You make some good points, although I disagree about BLue. I think they'll be in it to the end. That corps has the talent and the show to make an amazing run this year.

The corps that needs to be looking over its shoulder is BD. There are four corps that have a lot of room to grow and should give the Dev's a run.

I don't know guys, Phantom Regiment seems to be on the move, and the additions to the show have made it, IMO, a contender for the title. There are still a couple of weeks left. This show has really grown on me, but I just don't know if they have enough tikme to catch BD.

PS - If you have not seen the show, then you are missing out. Just listening to the audio doesn't do it justice, as the visual package is wonderful!

I admire your support for Phantom. I like them a lot. 'Liked them better last year, but they are a highly entertaining Corps in my view. They tend to be most years too. As for their chance of winning this year ? Frankly, they have no shot at all. They will be in a real battle with Bluecoats at Finals in my opinion for 4th. That said, it won't diminish my enjoyment quotient for Phantom one iota.

Edited by X DM