The San Antonio Texas Saloon...

Considering that San Antonio wasn't supposed to be streamed, then only the evening show...today's coverage has been phenomenal and incredibly responsive to the fanbase.

True'dat

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts back on top of Xmen. Knew that was a fluke :)

yah, must've had a nice delivery of that iowa grown sweet corn to pump the guys and gals up because even though they missed the cut today- i like what they did B)

I'm extremely pleased too! I need a break now....

this is an amazing setup DCI is giving us, and I can't really find a fault in it at all. I mean, 40 bucks is phenonminal...beats the #### outta flyin to san antonio.

yah, must've had a nice delivery of that iowa grown sweet corn to pump the guys and gals up because even though they missed the cut today- i like what they did B)

Give em a couple of weeks, the guard will be changing :)

Is anyone watching on dialup? Does that work?

Is anyone watching on dialup? Does that work?

Check the requirements on the DCI website, but I truly wouldn't suggest that you try it on dialup.

I am pretty sure that DCI suggests nothing slower than DSL. With the cost of higher speed access pretty much in the same ball park as dial up then it is worth the change. Most carriers are running specials that make it even less than dial up in the long run. The only problem would be is if one lived in an area where it just isn't available, and there aren't too many of those left anymore.

Okay, I just got back from the afternoon show and am going back in about 1-1/2 hours. I have some observations to share with all of you. First a disclaimer: I haven't been to a show all year. Last year I went to one, before that it had been 13 years away. Prior to that I was drum corps junkie for about 20 years. I never missed a Championship (as a fan and performer).

General reaction:

The kids are working their tails off. That is nice to see regardless of the show. I am sadly dissapointed with the lack of excellence across the board, but speciically from avisual standpoint. There were way to many breaks in the color guards. Lot's of drops (can't blame the sun or wind in a dome). The corps also missed many of their sets at crucial points in the show. Drumlines are soooo cool. Naration is ridiculous (what value does it bring?).

I am not suprised that Esparanza and the Mandarins dropped (although the Mandarins uni's look great). The Blue Stars did not perform well. The Colts have enough of a show to make a run at Spirit. Glassmen are dirty and the Blue Knights are quite good.

I cannot wait for tonights show!