Arnold, MD show July22nd

Keeping in the direction of silly and stupid

Can we vote Shenandoah Sound the most "RIDICULOUS" show of the evening???

:P :P :P :P :P

Thanks for the kind words about MCL.

Can't wait to see yall at Rochester this year.Be sure to stop by the after show party.Adult Beverages are on me!

Can I be the RIDICULOUS leader of one of the performing group can I, huh huh, can I :sshh:

To everyone at Shenandoah, thanks for the invite and hopefully we can come back next year!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony,

Meeting me and holding a show ticket are merely worth gate entry. I am just added fluff. I was the one marching the mantra, "Play every note and don't fall down in this rice paddy." I played most every note and didn't fall down. ^OO^

It was a pleasure to meet you in the parking lot. Who was that guy sans Hawaiian shirt next to you? He looked familiar. I've seen him from behind my shades before in some press boxes. B)

I should have asked for your autograph. I didn't realize, per Eric, Jeorby, that I was meeting "an entourage" celebrity. :blink:

Cozy,

I had "requested" permission to wear my "Fran" shirt about a week before the show.... :blink: (the "other guy" was the permission giver.... b**bs *wink, wink, nod, nod*)

Untill Eric's (Jeorby) post I didn't even know I was in the "High Exalted, Grand Poobah Reverend One's" entourage.....(course Donna and I will never be "invited" back.... :sshh: Ask Fran about GETTING to that restaurant)

Me, just a lowly little DC Ol'Phart..... :blink:

Tony B)

Can I be the RIDICULOUS leader of one of the performing group can I, huh huh, can I :sshh:

To everyone at Shenandoah, thanks for the invite and hopefully we can come back next year!

Sure,,Jeff I am sure I can spare a couple of rounds for you.

See you then.

Actually, Jeorby has it backwards. I was Tony and Donna's entourage that day! :)

Fran

:blink: No, actually, Eric DID have it right.... :blink:

Tony B)

Sure,,Jeff I am sure I can spare a couple of rounds for you.

See you then.

Thanks, See ya in Rochester :)

Edited by jeff danchik

Ask Fran about GETTING to that restaurant

Well... to make a long story short.... let's just say we took the "overland route." b**bs

I'm amazed Donna doesn't have gray hair. :P

Fran

Here's my review.......

It didn't rain all day.

Then it did.

We got a little wet, but not too much. But we were all packed into our bus kinda damp and it started to smell pretty bad.

Then we did our show.

Our field percussion score was laughable, but the overall number was satisfactory.

We're doing it all over again in two weeks in Waterbury, CT.

Hopefully it won't rain all day there, too.

Or night.

We'll be better in two weeks.

Wyane,

Sorry you were not able to attend.....Donna and I had hoped to see you on Saturday :blink:

Next time....

Tony B)

Same here Tony. That's the price I pay for being a "cheer dad". The Junior Redskins' dance team had summer camp all weekend at FedEx Field and I was beat from 3 days of the Baltimore-Landover daily/early commute + weather. Of course the adult cheer ladies were there to make some of the pain go away................. B)

Munchkin is determined to be an all-star this season. Let's see: xylophone lessons from her school teacher who is an ex-Bluecoat & Cab; junior winter guard; Redskins Jr. dance team; all at 9 1/2. Think she'll end up in drum corps?

BTW, I'd love to see the lady who does the choreography for the various Redskins programs work with a corps' guard. Anyone know if that's been done?

Okay....

I marched with Dave Warner for about 7 years. We were not friends then, were not in touch anymore since i left the service, and to be honest I thought he was kind of a geek.

but why does he not have a right to his thoughts? Why does he not have the right to express his views, even aggressively (like SO many other here do?)

I mean we all have to sit here and listen to Jeff and his new jetta and everyone else with "Strong" opinions on other things, but you dont see 8 pages worth of people flaming him for it. At least Dave (unlike jeff) kept his personal opinion short and took less than 20 pages to express them.

But just like Jeff has the right to go on and on and on and on and on and on with his opinion WHATEVER it may be, why doesnt he?

Further, one only has to read DCP or Google Groups, RAMD or whatever and 99% of it is DCA/Alumni corps personel trashing DCI groups.

So one person comes on and has a negative opinion of a DCA show and suddenly hes Satan? Comon guys! Especially with someone commenting about how "DCA people have more class" or something to that effect...

Some people live on these various forums just to trash some form of drum corps. so why not him?

Some people dont like amps, and singers and dancers, and some people dont like corps with 15 members who rehearse once a week. So what? If you like it, you like it! if not, you dont. And we all have the right to come here and talk about it.

Further, why are we calling his boss to complain about his feelings on drum corps? He didnt come on here and speak for the Commandants Own, he came on here to speak for Dave Warner. Yes, his signature thing says USMC, but everyone has thier resume posted on their name.

I dont think any of us come on here claiming to represent our entire corps...

So are we calling everyones bosses to tell on people for not liking a certain drum corps?

Are you guys gonna call my district Manager at American Eagle because i didnt care for the ------men this year? (thats a random name! im not actually talking about a corps there)

truman crawford was my boss for 4 years too.... and he had some opinions of his own on many corps... DCI, DCA, and Alumni.

We ALL do! because were human beings and we in this activity are very opinionated. So just let it slide! I dont agree with anything Dave Warner said either. I havent since 1994 but hey, thats him.

In any case, those of you who loved the show, Go back next year! and see more this year! If you didnt like it, move along!

aap

"these arent the droids your looking for"

Hi! Thanks for being a fan. and i've spoken up strongly and been trashed here and in email about it. comes with the territory. nothing like friends trashing you behind your back about a review than trying to drink your beer two weeks later.

that said, i make long reviews because...well...people ask for it. and I like doing it. Hey, if you don't like it, then don't read it.

or better yet, pay off my car you love to make fun of, and i won't review at all, just for you. The amount is $7,423.34. contact me offline and i'll tell you where to send the certified check.