Arnold, MD show July22nd

Can I nominate this entire thread for "BEST REVIEW 2006"?

I don't remember the last time I read 5 pages of anything on DCP.

To David: it was a s***ty thing to say

-

To the rest of you: lighten-up. David can say whatever s***ty thing he wants.

To anyone who had anything to say to David on a personal level: this was a s***ty place to do it and makes you look even worse than that which p**sed you off in the first place.

To everyone who added anything to this thread: thanks for giving me an entertaining half hour of reading this afternoon. It was better than an episode of Springer!

I had a ball reading this one and also the one about Lewisburg. leadsolosop or something like that was lighting up The Buccaneers and it got pretty fun to read.

On an off topic note.......Joe........it looks like we are going to have an extra ticket to all of the events for DCA Weekend again. I know you remember how great our seats were the last time you bought them.......I am sure they will be just as good as we buy them immediately. Let me know if you are interested.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but why does he not have a right to his thoughts? Why does he not have the right to express his views, even aggressively (like SO many other here do?)

I mean we all have to sit here and listen to Jeff and his new jetta and everyone else with "Strong" opinions on other things, but you dont see 8 pages worth of people flaming him for it. At least Dave (unlike jeff) kept his personal opinion short and took less than 20 pages to express them.

But just like Jeff has the right to go on and on and on and on and on and on with his opinion WHATEVER it may be, why doesnt he?

First off, no one FORCES you (or anyone else) to read Jeff Ream's rather lengthy and informative reviews, chocked full of facts and opinions based upon those facts, informed by many years of experience and study.

Secondly, Jeff (and the vast majority of us) have enough respect for our fellow drum corps enthusiasts to at least bother to know what the heck we're talking about when we state our opinions (yes, sometimes very forcefully).

Thirdly, some posters have made some strong opinions known, and if they have offended, apologized or otherwise softened those comments, to at least admitting that something was said in haste or lack of forethought.

It would have behooved Mr. Warner to have the same tools at his disposal: facts, experience, respect, humility. He showed none of those things.

Further, one only has to read DCP or Google Groups, RAMD or whatever and 99% of it is DCA/Alumni corps personel trashing DCI groups.

So one person comes on and has a negative opinion of a DCA show and suddenly hes Satan? Comon guys! Especially with someone commenting about how "DCA people have more class" or something to that effect...

Some people live on these various forums just to trash some form of drum corps. so why not him?

Some people dont like amps, and singers and dancers, and some people dont like corps with 15 members who rehearse once a week. So what? If you like it, you like it! if not, you dont. And we all have the right to come here and talk about it.

A right to talk about it, yes - constructively! Not in the fashion of a rhetorical drive-by shooting, with all the staccato violence and lack of precision of the actual variety, innocent bystanders suffering collateral wounding. Words mean something and in describing the corps on the field last Saturday as he did, Mr. Warner did just that. With no sense of fairness or humility or facts to back up whatever (dubious) experience he may possess.

You, "Tasty Waves" & David Warner (who both may be one and the same for all we know), I would describe with the following word: BOOR.

Main Entry: boor

Part of Speech: noun

Definition: a crude uncouth ill-bred person lacking culture or refinement

Synonyms: barbarian, bear, brute, buffoon, bumpkin, cad, chuff, churl, clodhopper, clown, countryman, hayseed, hick, hobnail, lout, lubber, lumpkin, mucker, oaf, peasant, philistine, rube*, rustic, swain, vulgarian, yokel

I have met many a Marine in my life. I thought most shattered the "jarhead" stereotype that resides in most people's heads. Not you two. Please leave the opinion-making business to us who can handle it. When you can grow up and use that ability properly, you can join the rest of us here.

Not taking sides here.

First, the SSgt has the right to say what he pleases. I'm sure his thoughts and words DO NOT speak for the entire Marine Corps, as I'm sure any logically thinking adult that can read knows that.

Second, he may have wanted to post a disclaimer stating that his words are his own and not of the USMCD&BC. That was wrong on his part. As I'm sure he realizes that now.

Lastly, this drama is ridiculous people. Move on. Let it go.

Flame away.

Not taking sides here.

First, the SSgt has the right to say what he pleases. I'm sure his thoughts and words DO NOT speak for the entire Marine Corps, as I'm sure any logically thinking adult that can read knows that.

Second, he may have wanted to post a disclaimer stating that his words are his own and not of the USMCD&BC. That was wrong on his part. As I'm sure he realizes that now.

Lastly, this drama is ridiculous people. Move on. Let it go.

Flame away.

No flames at all Laura - very concise and direct post, and said very effectively in 100 words what others took an entire 110 words to say. Wow. However - there is drama in it and therefore meets your definition of "ridiculous"....so we are all floating in the same old dramatic ridiculous boat...going over Jerry Springer Falls...

I wanna keep the thread going, because it has now just turned really silly and stupid. Too much fun

Can I nominate this entire thread for "BEST REVIEW 2006"?

I don't remember the last time I read 5 pages of anything on DCP.

To David: it was a s***ty thing to say

-

To the rest of you: lighten-up. David can say whatever s***ty thing he wants.

To anyone who had anything to say to David on a personal level: this was a s***ty place to do it and makes you look even worse than that which p**sed you off in the first place.

To everyone who added anything to this thread: thanks for giving me an entertaining half hour of reading this afternoon. It was better than an episode of Springer!

nicely stated!

No flames at all Laura - very concise and direct post, and said very effectively in 100 words what others took an entire 110 words to say. Wow. However - there is drama in it and therefore meets your definition of "ridiculous"....so we are all floating in the same old dramatic ridiculous boat...going over Jerry Springer Falls...

I wanna keep the thread going, because it has now just turned really silly and stupid. Too much fun

Yeah, well, that's fine. Leave the SSgt alone.

First off, no one FORCES you (or anyone else) to read Jeff Ream's rather lengthy and informative reviews, chocked full of facts and opinions based upon those facts, informed by many years of experience and study.

the funniest part is that people are always on here asking for reviews. when someone does a short one you see posts like "don't you have anything else to say?" or "what about the _____?" (fill in the blank with whatever section wasn't mentioned.)

Jeff gives a review that makes the reader get a true picture of the show, both the good and the bad, and it's too long. :lolhit:

proof positive that no matter what you do around here it just isn't good enough. :rolleyes:

w/Stp:

And no offense to my marine friends, especially those I know that have marched in the D&BC, but I usually go get a hot dog while they are on. Just not my style, but I certainly respect those that do it and serve our country. (Sorry boyfriend!!!!)

Ok, I can't resist. After much restraint for a couple of days now, here is my review. Of course I am one of the leaders of the "RIDICULOUS" performance (also a former Cavalier I might add).

Vic somewhere above made very eloquent statements about support of DCA South and the activity. I will just add that all of the participating groups stuck with us through some disappointing venue changes and they showed up and performed. I wish that I could have just been able to sit and watch the show that we put together, but logisitics duties prevented some of it.

I was not able to see Mon Valley, but I'm sure they gave it their all. We in Shenandoah Sound know the most about what it is to be given an opportunity to perform and I hope the members had fun doing it. In fact I will pause here and thank the Corps Vets, Heat Wave and Gold who over the last 3 years provided us a venue to perform when we would not othewise have had one. In a way this is hopefully our contribution back to South organization.

Music City - Scott, Ed and crew I feel I have some special bond with ya'll since I come from your neck of the woods. Your multi-meter show is tough and I think as you clean any left-right phasing problems you will be challenging for Sunday night (wouldn't that be sweet 3 southern corps in open class finals!) I only saw the second run of the show, but comments from my wife indicated that she thought it was better than the first. So, maybe adversity is inspiring.

I did get to catch part of Pagliaci and it sounded good to me. Thank you Nick and the Sunrisers for coming down.

Skyliners - I think this is my favorite Sky show since I've been involved with DCA. The ballad at the beginning of Bohemian Rhapsody was well-balanced and it really makes a nice closer.

CorpsVets - I'm a little biased here as I love the big jazz sound they produce. I got some goosebumps in the wailing section of the opener. Keep pushing it. Once again a show that I love. And as I told one of your folks as we were picking up yard markers (thanks for the loaners!) I think this hornline is more balanced and playing better than last year. Mellophones - whoa!

Hurricanes - the farthest travelling NE corps came to play. Again like the other groups the brass has a nice balance and resonant sound. Of course by now you know I'm a brass guy. JCS is a good choice and it's great to both you and the CorpsVets with scores that put you in the mix. And as we were cleaning up they were playing their encore by the trucks in the pouring rain and of course Mag 7. At first I said WT*, but then I figured I would be doing the same thing. This is drum corps. Had the weather cooperated we would have enjoyed the encore in the stands, but not so this time.

To the fans and the corps, my only hope is that you enjoyed hearing some great drum corps. We want to do this again if we survive. So look for our show next year.

Ok, I can't resist. After much restraint for a couple of days now, here is my review. Of course I am one of the leaders of the "RIDICULOUS" performance (also a former Cavalier I might add).

Keeping in the direction of silly and stupid

Can we vote Shenandoah Sound the most "RIDICULOUS" show of the evening???

:P :P :P :P :P

Music City - Scott, Ed and crew I feel I have some special bond with ya'll since I come from your neck of the woods. Your multi-meter show is tough and I think as you clean any left-right phasing problems you will be challenging for Sunday night (wouldn't that be sweet 3 southern corps in open class finals!) I only saw the second run of the show, but comments from my wife indicated that she thought it was better than the first. So, maybe adversity is inspiring.

Thanks for the kind words about MCL.

Can't wait to see yall at Rochester this year.Be sure to stop by the after show party.Adult Beverages are on me!

Edited by camel lips