Arnold, MD show July22nd

I know that were I still active duty and posting something like that on a public forum, had my CO seen a statement like that come out of me, I'd be on report, and charged under article 15, and probably on extra detail.

The lack of respect here is unbecoming, and draws negative criticism to the unit. He clearly cares not about the corps (in any sennse of the word).

Agreed!

There is a higher standard set for men that wear the uniform and represent this great country of ours.

I commend him for removing that insulting photo of him in uniform on DCP.It was very disrespectful.

I was contacted today by MSgt Kevin Buckles a senior enlisted Marine in the United States Marine Drum & Bugle Corps.

I simply stated that I did not want to file a formal complaint against this young man,,I directed him to this thread and told him that I felt like his fellow corps mates needed to be aware of his conduct.

Out of respect to Cozy who asked me to remove the link to the public relations department of the Marine's...its done!

AS far as I am concerned this matter is closed,,

Edited by camel lips

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Mason,

I mean you no disrespect here, but what does Non-Judicial punishment have to do with drum corps. Im assuming the Article 15 reference was to the article on Non-Judicial Punishment in the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

While i disagree with Ssgt Warners remarks, i dont see how this would apply. I was on active duty in the Marine Corps for 8 years and never was I punished for having an opinion on a drum corps show. As a former member of the "Commandants Own", I can tell you it was a very diverse collection of musical backrounds. Many from DCI Corps, DCA corps, alumni corps, college bands, and even many with no drum corps experience at all. In fact, most of the leadership of the D&B has no drum corps experience outside the D&B in the Marine Corps. So needless to say there are always many Different opinions around the "BrownBagger" area every year when civilian drum corps seasons get going. And as i said, all of us spoke our minds very openly about corps and were never punished for him.

I think its very nice that you decided not file a "Formal complaint" against Staff Sgt Warner, although ihave to admit i have no idea what grounds you would have for doing so to begin with.

Agreed!

There is a higher standard set for men that wear the uniform and represent this great country of ours.

I commend him for removing that insulting photo of him in uniform on DCP.It was very disrespectful.

I was contacted today by MSgt Kevin Buckles a senior enlisted Marine in the United States Marine Drum & Bugle Corps.

I simply stated that I did not want to file a formal complaint against this young man,,I directed him to this thread and told him that I felt like his fellow corps mates needed to be aware of his conduct.

Out of respect to Cozy who asked me to remove the link to the public relations department of the Marine's...its done!

Mr. Mason,

I mean you no disrespect here, but what does Non-Judicial punishment have to do with drum corps. Im assuming the Article 15 reference was to the article on Non-Judicial Punishment in the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

I have no clue what that is.I was simply qouting what CVQUESY had to say on the matter.I was just agreeing with the overal tone of CVQUESY remarks,,not the actual meat and potatos of his post.

AS I said,,as far as I am concerned this matter is closed.

Agreed!

A higher standard set by the thought police on DCP?

You've got to be kidding!

Really big of you not to put in a complaint.

Okay. Now chase me away from the activity as well, because I'm insulted at the treatment piled onto this marine; this was way over the top and exhibits a HUGE intolerance for contrary or frank views from some on this forum. And turning a serviceman in to his superiors over this shows a complete inability to put this into perspective. Good thing that that DCP posters are above reproach and don't have to answer to anyone or be held to "higher standards". We can insult or dirty up anyone we like, including U.S. Marines, if we don't like what they have to say.

Further, you don't get to say the matter is closed as you throw in another barb at the guy.

Edited by brassomaniac

Soooo, anyhoooo......

was anyone at the Arnold MD show who could give any rational feedback to the performers, critical or complimentary?

I'd like to hear about MCL and the Hurcs - liked what I heard, but would like a 'bird's eye' account.

Love JCS!

Soooo, anyhoooo......

was anyone at the Arnold MD show who could give any rational feedback to the performers, critical or complimentary?

I'd like to hear about MCL and the Hurcs - liked what I heard, but would like a 'bird's eye' account.

Love JCS!

On with the show!

Or the Post show :P

I personally have nothing but the highest degree of respect for "The Commandant's Own", and the membership involved I have dealt with. We have a couple former members within our own Kiltie ranks, and they are "class individuals".

We had the pleasure of some of their corps members attending our brass clinic put on a couple years ago in DeKalb, and each and every one was of unquestionable respect and dignity.

In my conversations with their offices over time, they have shown and mentioned nothing short of 100% total support for the drum corps activity.

So, I guess....."to each their own", but personally, from my first hand dealings with the corps and their administration....I have nothing but praise for their unit.

Can I nominate this entire thread for "BEST REVIEW 2006"?

I don't remember the last time I read 5 pages of anything on DCP.

To David: it was a s***ty thing to say

-

To the rest of you: lighten-up. David can say whatever s***ty thing he wants.

To anyone who had anything to say to David on a personal level: this was a s***ty place to do it and makes you look even worse than that which p**sed you off in the first place.

To everyone who added anything to this thread: thanks for giving me an entertaining half hour of reading this afternoon. It was better than an episode of Springer!