Arnold, MD show July22nd

Can I nominate this entire thread for "BEST REVIEW 2006"?

no, mine is better :P

and yeah i made a crack, but he has every right to say it. let's be honest guys, worse #### has been said about the Cadets in junior reviews.

not to mimic what we complain about with some DCI fans, but hey, one less seat at the center of the stadium to be filled with someone miserable...now someone who wants to be there can fill it.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my review.......

It didn't rain all day.

Then it did.

We got a little wet, but not too much. But we were all packed into our bus kinda damp and it started to smell pretty bad.

Then we did our show.

Our field percussion score was laughable, but the overall number was satisfactory.

We're doing it all over again in two weeks in Waterbury, CT.

Hopefully it won't rain all day there, too.

Or night.

We'll be better in two weeks.

well, it IS Waterbury :P

It was a good show, IMO. Yes, we had a lot of small-er corps in the show. However, everyone who I did hear did a fantastic job. From the time I actually got there until I left was a blast. I feel sorry for you, MCL I remember hearing parts of your show, but the utter confusion in our camp with getting everything cleared until we got doused on. With what I heard, I enjoyed. Kudos for returning to the field and going over it from the top. Even though I admit I left during the storm. Back to overall, do I think the crowd could've been larger? Yeah, but I'm happy with what sized crowd we got, especially with the problems given by the weather. Do I think that the advertisement should've been more wide scaled? Indeed, but if we have another show, it'll be better advertised and a bigger crowd will embark on it. I wish to thank everyone, on behalf of myself and Shenandoah Sound, who did appear at the show for attending and/or performing, even if I did not meet you face to face. See you all at Ro-Cha-Cha.

Hurricanes and CV aren't small corps from what I'm told. Both have about 100. Plus weren't all the corps in that show open class?

Well... to make a long story short.... let's just say we took the "overland route." b**bs

I'm amazed Donna doesn't have gray hair. :P

Fran

Only to help you with your "amazement", Donna does have some gray hair.....

(she got it from our "kids".... b**bs Angela is 34 now & Alex is 26... :sshh: )

b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

B)

ps: it could have been worse.....I didn't have the Harley :sshh:

Same here Tony. That's the price I pay for being a "cheer dad". The Junior Redskins' dance team had summer camp all weekend at FedEx Field and I was beat from 3 days of the Baltimore-Landover daily/early commute + weather. Of course the adult cheer ladies were there to make some of the pain go away................. B)

Munchkin is determined to be an all-star this season. Let's see: xylophone lessons from her school teacher who is an ex-Bluecoat & Cab; junior winter guard; Redskins Jr. dance team; all at 9 1/2. Think she'll end up in drum corps?

We can hope so.... b**bs

BTW, I'd love to see the lady who does the choreography for the various Redskins programs work with a corps' guard. Anyone know if that's been done?

Don't know, need any "asst" watchers? b**bs

B)

i love that the show is closer to me than normal rehearsals... lets see about the weather this time...

isn't that a wonderful feeling? being able to roll out of bed and be there in a half hourish (depending who crashes on 84 that morning of course :blink:)?

:P

best of luck with the weather that day. B)

Okay....

I marched with Dave Warner for about 7 years. We were not friends then, were not in touch anymore since i left the service, and to be honest I thought he was kind of a geek.

but why does he not have a right to his thoughts? Why does he not have the right to express his views, even aggressively (like SO many other here do?)

or something to that effect...

Further, why are we calling his boss to complain about his feelings on drum corps? He didnt come on here and speak for the Commandants Own, he came on here to speak for Dave Warner. Yes, his signature thing says USMC, but everyone has thier resume posted on their name.

I dont think any of us come on here claiming to represent our entire corps...

So are we calling everyones bosses to tell on people for not liking a certain drum corps?

Are you guys gonna call my district Manager at American Eagle because i didnt care for the ------men this year? (thats a random name! im not actually talking about a corps there)

truman crawford was my boss for 4 years too.... and he had some opinions of his own on many corps... DCI, DCA, and Alumni.

I have to disagree...Dave may have a right to voiced his opinion; but as an individual. When he clearly identifies himself as a member of a group or organization, especially in his name and his signature; then whether he likes it or not he is speaking forthe group.

If I was the Commandant of the group, Dave would be on the quarterdeck right now. Not for his opinion (for the Marines will allow PROPERLY voiced opinion, believe it or not b**bs ); but the way he repersented the Corps. Poorly, in my opinion. Especially for a branch of service with the history as the USMC.

This is not good. But I will not hold it against the MCDBC.

Lastly, this drama is ridiculous people. Move on. Let it go.

Flame away.

what she said

and if this were any other forum of section on here, this topic would have been closed already

proof positive that no matter what you do around here it just isn't good enough. :wub:

:blink: