RIP Jason Lowe

I consider myself one of the lucky ones for knowing him. He really was someone I'll never forget.

Much love to you, my friend.

Every year, I think I'm over it... and every year, I'm sitting here with tears running down my face again.

The pain is just as sharp now as it was then. I don't even have to re-read the websites or the tributes. It's still right there.

Of course, I imagine he's probably having a good laugh at us getting sentimental over it every year, too.. that'd be just like that little redneck punk.

Can you imagine what things would be like on these boards today if he had lived? OMG.. :o

I am amazed it's been five years...FIVE YEARS...unbelievable...he died shortly after my little girl was born. Boy we had some good "discussions"--and how he loved VK. To read that account of his final days is enough to make a grown man ball--that would be me.

Miss you Jason...I'm sure you'll be at finals like you are every year!

Thanks for this thread!

Jason represented what drum corps is all about.

If only I could have half of Jason's perseverance.

we have annually done a thread for him in the OT topics on that dreadful day. I still miss him, and I remember where i was ( souvie area at break at quarters) who i was talking to ( The Allens) and who told me ( Tom Peashey).

4 grizzled vets just kind of stood still and shed a tear.

Yep, we do Jeff. I thought I had a few more days to work with before starting the thread, but it seems that someone has beaten me to it. :)

There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Jason...life has certainly come a LONG way since our days on RAMD. He'd be all over the place on here, if he was still around...getting himself banned, no doubt.

Just about 5 years and it hasn't gotten any easier. I miss you J...

Yep, we do Jeff. I thought I had a few more days to work with before starting the thread, but it seems that someone has beaten me to it. :)

There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Jason...life has certainly come a LONG way since our days on RAMD. He'd be all over the place on here, if he was still around...getting himself banned, no doubt.

Just about 5 years and it hasn't gotten any easier. I miss you J...

wow. Just...wow. I searched for more information about Jason and found his websites, and his memorial. What a wonderful life he must have lived! My family lost an amazing young friend and percussionist far too young, barely 19, in a car accident in 2003. He loved WGI, marching band, drum corps, college, his family, friends, and teachers and, maybe most of all, playing snare drum -- and he is missed by all of us. As I type with tears in my eyes for two young men gone too soon, I'm so thankful for what they've given to people whose lives they touched, even those who never met them. Rest in peace, and may we meet again Jonathan (and for the first time Jason). God bless the families and loved ones of both of these young men.

Folks-

I will be out of DCP touch for a few weeks. Wanted to put a rememberence of Jason Lowe's passing 5 years ago 9 Aug 01. He is truly missed.

RIP Jason

I got to speak with him via e-mail a few times before the 1999 season, adn then finally met him in person after a show, and he had me cracking up. After reading his e-mails and posts on that "other" drum corps newsgroup, you knew he was a genuine guy who had a great perspective on life. Even though I can't call him a good friend, finding or meeting people like Jason Lowe in today's world is a pleasure.