Blue Knights and Boston are extremely underrated this year.

BK are their usual wonderful unique selves. They don't march as much as the whole corps dances through their drill; the approach to visual performance is almost an identity to them, like green uniforms on Cavaliers on Regiment's helmets. I always liked the dots more but the fairly nondescript uniform they wear doesn't pull your attention, so you really concentrate on how different the movement is. Of course, I think BK is fantastic, year in and year out.

I wasn't initially that taken with the Boston show. Not sure why I didn't find it that engaging. That'll probably work itself out when I see it again.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one, LOVE this Blue Knights show! And I have never been able to say that in the past. I have respected their programs, and liked several, but this one is becoming one of my most-listened-to APDs. Unfortunately, I won't get to see it live until Semis and Finals.

As for Boston, I just haven't been able to get into the music so far. I have the APD, and I saw the show in Battle Creek, but it just hasn't connected with me yet. But I usually like Boston, and it wouldn't be the first time that I need multiple listenings to really "get" a corps' program. They are obviously performing very well, and if this is my least favorite show in the top 12, it really speaks to what a strong year this is for DCI.

This year will probally end up being my favorite show from Boston. 00 and 01 were also great shows.

Although I havent seen boston this year....... I have to admit I have a new respect for the blue knights..... I saw them this year in spokane, loved their show... and that brass line...whoa..... BK you have a new fan!! :rock:

I saw the BK show in late June and saw a tremendous potential. Just the three of four times I saw them, they showed great upward movement. I think by August 10, they are going to be a huge force to be dealth with. Can they push ionto the top 5? Maybe, but they have that capability!!!!

Thanks to all of you for discussing our great corps. Please stop by the corps webpage at www.bknights.org and tell them as much there. I know that Mark Arnold and many of his staff read these threads and would love to hear from you guys. I know that Mark and his staff always do things the right way and are first class all the way. Even if I had not marched BK I would love them because all of the people in the organization are so selfless and giving. In the past many BK alum and even the corps staff have wondered why there has not been more appreciation shown to the corps on discussion sights. Me personally I think that a lot of it is the geographic location. As I have said in other posts because Denver is isolated from the midwest and is isolated from the west they are in a world unto themselves and therefore probably don't have the following of the more corps populated areas. I hope that the Knights have made fans out of you all and you will continue to follow them.

As for Boston, i was really impressed with the hornline and drumline. I thought this was the best hornline I have heard them have. The show didn't bother me, but it just seemed a little dry. I had no idea before going to the show what the arches were for but I immediatley thought that I bet they'd be combined at the end of the show for some effect and was right. It was ok, but I thought more creativity could have been used with the props. The drill looked good although I could only see it on the jumbo screens in the dome because I was in the 5th row. I did feel that BAC's drumline was a slight bit over aggressive but hey that's not necissarily a bad thing. Overall I agree two outstanding corps this year. My question is, after listening to the 2000 CD's the other day and with the sounds/designs that these two teams play with wouldn't they have been top5 or 4 in '00? I think but hey the past is the past right?

Wes. Perkins

BK '97 '98

They aren't underrated. They aren't being talked about as much because they aren't as exciting as everyone else IMHO