Who's staying where

Nope, best sauce is at 'Pig and Whistle' just off East Ave, before Alexander, on Lawrence St.

Better than 'Stickey Lips' !!!

Ray,

b**bs b**bs Ray,

I think you have your sauces mixed up!! :sshh: :sshh:

I'm speaking of gravy,sauce italian style whereas sticky lips is southern barbeque....... :blink:

On the other hand, you have to go far to beat sticky lips for down south barbeque :lol:

Haven't been down to yuppysville to the pig and whistle yet but soon to taste test! B)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Southern BBQ" in NY?

Get a rope!

Here's one to get the CorpsVets going........:) I am not sure what all the hub-bub is about Southern BBQ in the South. I have been to Williamson Brothers, Shane's, and Sonny's and walked away going......eh. I guess that was good. Maybe I just don't have the tongue for BBQ. Kind of like finding really good wings in the south. Good luck :)

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

Here's one to get the CorpsVets going........:) I am not sure what all the hub-bub is about Southern BBQ in the South. I have been to Williamson Brothers, Shane's, and Sonny's and walked away going......eh. I guess that was good. Maybe I just don't have the tongue for BBQ. Kind of like finding really good wings in the south. Good luck :)

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

Mistake #1: walking into a chain resturant for BBQ. :) Some of the best places for BBQ are the little hole-in-the-wall places that might actually still be under mom & pop management. Some places I've been to I can't remember the name, but I could drive you there if you'd like. :) lol

Mistake #1: walking into a chain resturant for BBQ. :) Some of the best places for BBQ are the little hole-in-the-wall places that might actually still be under mom & pop management. Some places I've been to I can't remember the name, but I could drive you there if you'd like. :) lol

Some regional chains aren't bad - in Kansas City, Gates BBQ is all around the city, and it's the bomb IMO. But point taken. :)

I grew up on the best BBQ in the country - KC Style via Southern Indiana and I approve of the Dinosour in Rocha-cha. It's some good stuff - and the Fried Green Tomatos aren't bad either.

Find a good soul kitchen in Chicago. 'Nuff said.

Does 3 Locations (Williamson Bros. constitute a chain ? :) jk. I went into Champs (total dump), but didn't eat as I was meeting a friend there for dinner on a wednesday even though the plans were for Thursday :) I think the best BBQ I have ever had was a place in NYC called Virgils Real BBQ on West 44th. Anyhow.......I believe I am staying with the Cabs competing corps. Clarion I believe.

Eric Watters

Atlanta, Ga.

"Southern BBQ" in NY?

Get a rope!

Pleazzzzzzzzzzzeeeee! "Sticky Lips" is a one family operation that would win hands down anywheres and thats after eating at the blue cafe on beale st in memphis that was the only other place that I wouLD CONSIDER CLOSE! :laugh::angry::angry:

The bar in that hotel has outstanding wings. :)

yes it does.