When were you deflowered?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1996 DCI East in Allentown...Madison Scouts: A Drumcorps Fan's Dream: Part Dos! b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs b**bs

**WARNING** **WARNING** "Olde Pharte Allert"

The first show I ever saw was at the Northern California evaluation show in Santa Clara, June 1976.

July 4th, 1964 Oswego, NY on the parade grounds of historic Fort Ontario. A Sr. show with Rochester's Crusaders, the Syracuse Brigadiers, Fulton Gauchos, Canadian Commanders, Springfield Marksmen, Westshoremen Bonnie-Scots.

I was 10. I saw all these corps in the parade earlier in the day. I picked Cru to win....and they did! I was hooked forever!

I have some great memories from that July 4 Oswego show! I think my first one there was 1966.

**WARNING** **WARNING** "Olde Pharte Allert"

What does that make me, I aged out in 1976.

My first drum corps show was in 1966 in northern Wisconsin somewhwere. Don't remember who or where but the

group we usually competed against were the Northernaires, Blue Notes, The Bells of St. Mary's, Oshgosh Warriors,

St. Paul Scouts (usually the best of the "North corps") and a few I'm sure I'm leaving out.

I age out again at 51 friday night after the Scouts Alumni corps show. Hope everyone will be there or tommorow night at Memorial H.S.

Sunday June 22, 1986

Irwin PA DCE

Position Corps Score

1 Garfield Cadets 73.000

2 Bluecoats 55.600

3 Dutch Boy 48.000

4 Florida Wave 41.100

5 Glassmen 30.700

That night, Garfield performed in jeans and their corps jackets.

the Steel City Ambassadors played that night as well.

1990, in Dallas. A guy from my high school band was in Sky Ryders, so a group of us went to the show. I'd seen tapes of 89, but they didn't prepare me for just how powerful the hornlines actually were. I thought the Freelancers were insanely loud to my virgin ears. SCV's Carmen was really fun. And Star--blew my mind.... it's still one of my favorites. When we later found out that Finals were going to be in Dallas (I think I saw an ad on the back of the state marching band finals brochure) I said that I just had to get tickets. (Little did I know...)