Does tradition mean anything anymore?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And it takes some big coconuts to put out something you know not everyone will even try to accept. Innovation is tough for you fall down more often then you soar.

Tradition is alive and well. The tradition of Kids giving up there summer jobs, video games, and couches to get the @#$% knocked out of them to make 11 minutes of magic and a lifetime of memories. It is alive and well. The tradition of parents and drum corps junkies paying out big $ to get crammed together on hard metal bleachers to get their 11 minute fix and maybe a few brief hugs and a lungfull of diesel fumes. Alive and well. The tradition of small but vocal few complaining about how different it is from in 'the good ol days' and how much better things would be if drum corps followed their plan. Alive and well.

That is the way it was twenty years ago and still is today. Tradition marches on. Isn't it beautiful?

And it takes some big coconuts to put out something you know not everyone will even try to accept. Innovation is tough for you fall down more often then you soar.

Tradition is alive and well. The tradition of Kids giving up there summer jobs, video games, and couches to get the @#$% knocked out of them to make 11 minutes of magic and a lifetime of memories. It is alive and well. The tradition of parents and drum corps junkies paying out big $ to get crammed together on hard metal bleachers to get their 11 minute fix and maybe a few brief hugs and a lungfull of diesel fumes. Alive and well. The tradition of small but vocal few complaining about how different it is from in 'the good ol days' and how much better things would be if drum corps followed their plan. Alive and well.

That is the way it was twenty years ago and still is today. Tradition marches on. Isn't it beautiful?

I appluad you once again, beautiful! :) ^OO^ :ph34r::wall::ph34r: w/Stp: :blush:

:ph34r::wub::ph34r::beer::wall::wall::blush::wall:

Tradition is alive and well. The tradition of Kids giving up there summer jobs, video games, and couches to get the @#$% knocked out of them to make 11 minutes of magic and a lifetime of memories. It is alive and well. The tradition of parents and drum corps junkies paying out big $ to get crammed together on hard metal bleachers to get their 11 minute fix and maybe a few brief hugs and a lungful of diesel fumes. Alive and well. The tradition of small but vocal few complaining about how different it is from in 'the good ol days' and how much better things would be if drum corps followed their plan. Alive and well.

And yet, in face of all these good and valid points you have made, we will still see a certain percentage of DCP continue with "DCI sucks. MY drum corps era was FAR superior."

Ignorance is bliss. Well I guess in this case, ignorance is misery.

Edited by Morgoth Bauglir

No.. they are maintaining their tradition of being innovative.

What's so innovative about the Cadets' 2006 show? Singing and talking have been in drum corps (wrongfully so, in my opinion) the past couple years, and in BOA for at least a decade.

What's so innovative about the Cadets' 2006 show? Singing and talking have been in drum corps (wrongfully so, in my opinion) the past couple years, and in BOA for at least a decade.

How did I know that something similar to this was what I would see when I saw you had the last post.

It is a mystery

Edit: I am proud however that you have brought your average down to 7 out of 25 of your last posts.

Edited by dbc03