DCI is moving to Indy

what map are you looking at if you think Indianapolis is the center of the US?

You have'nt heard the term"Crossroads of America" ?!?!

Yeah, there's a sign just outside Oklahoma City with that on it. Cities all around the country give themselves nicknames like that. It doesn't give them any legitimacy.

I'm happy for all of the upper midwest people because they get a cheap trip to finals for 10 years. Good for you. You all seem to be the only region that is universally excited about this agreement. I can see the benefits to DCI, but it's crappy for the average fan. I'll probably make it up a few times, but just as I got the fiancee' real into drum corps they pull this. It will make it a much harder sell to go to Indiana every summer for vacation. What a boring place to be for 10 years straight. I would probably get tired of ANY city for that long of a period.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a boring place to be for 10 years straight. I would probably get tired of ANY city for that long of a period.

Just because you cant place any bets on the tumble weed races does not make it boring.

the day after the announcement, there was an unrelated feature on the news that stated Indianapolis had a rising crime rate \

When was the last time you saw a drum corps get attacked by thugs?

Wouldn't that be fun :P

I could just see some clown now,,

Clown:Give me all your money honky mofo.

Corps:Like heck he will :P

Let the games begin.

In all seriousness,,,most fans probably have to worry more about traffic accidents,property crime or getting a Dui than they do being a victim of a violent crime at a drum corps show.Its probably happened at some point where a fan got murdered for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.I would bet statistically that a drum corps fan would have a better chance of winning the lottery than they would being a victim of a murder at a drum corps show.

FYI, the Indianapolis Star offers a webcam to watch the progress of Lucas Oil Stadium as it continues construction:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/sect...tegory=SPORTS03

Follow the links under the column of Lucas Oil Stadium. There's also a video to watch time laspsed progress.

Edited by Maedhros

that time lapse thing was kinda cool

WHAT A MAJOR BIG OLE BUMMER..The agreement shouldv'e been 3-4x in Indy over the course of 11 yrs...not the current agreement. This "consideration" definitely wasn't taking the paying fans into consideration at all. I hope DCI's legal dept had some clause that if at any time could break away from this contract. NO MADISON or anywhere else for that matter h e double hockey sticks of a long time. Drum corps fans like variety..and for many finals week is when they take their family/work vacations for the year. Alt Between Madison,Denver,East location, and indy. Ughh what a major buzzkill for us all.

Edited by Zeke

this really isnt that fair to the west coast fans or corps.

You Left coasters have never had Finals anyway....until next year, you really don't know what your missing...so it's not much different than it is now.

Indy is the most centralized location DCI could possibly hope for. KC is out the question now and St. Louis...welll you don't want to go there that's for sure. So unless you want DCI in the blazing heat of Texas....Indy is suffice.

Ughh what a major buzzkill for us all.

Well, since we all now feel the same way, that's the end of this topic.

:lol: