Hop wants to eliminate score recaps and other rule changes.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Bill Cook and Star. I also remember fans booing Star when they took the field because they didn't like Bill Cook and his money. However, I must say that Star put on some great shows!

The West Coast needs to host a DCI Championship. They are past due for this. Perhaps this will help get more students on the west coast involved in the activity.

Hop may propose the rule changes, but it has to be the other directors that must approve them.

I remember Bill Cook and Star. I also remember fans booing Star when they took the field because they didn't like Bill Cook and his money. However, I must say that Star put on some great shows!

The West Coast needs to host a DCI Championship. They are past due for this. Perhaps this will help get more students on the west coast involved in the activity.

Hop may propose the rule changes, but it has to be the other directors that must approve them.

So true..and that show that everyone booed? Now seems to be a fan favorite. b**bs

I'm happy for the West Coast getting the gig, I don't know what hoppy is complaining about the West coast has been coming to the East FOREVER...they managed just fine.

and your last line...so true..the other directors must aprove them.. :)

Speaking of Hoppy, I just received a long distance call from a friend who is competing in Madison. She said last night when they were introducing the DCI dignitaries on the field, Hoppy got a real loud "ovation" from many of the fans.....loud boos that is. Believe it or not, this I do not condone. Differences aside, this was a rude, childish act. Not a very positive image for the overall activity.

That's really crappy!

Lord Hoopie has spoken again huh? I have never seen a more arrogant or irritating person in any activity, I know that DCI's other board members ussually step in and defeat a good majority of the bad Hop ideas, but I think what he is saying and doing now a days is flat out reckless and dangerous for the activity. More importanly, he has destroyed the Crossmen since they moved into the YEA family and if he continues down the path he is going, the Cadets may be on the same road. As a Band director what happens when we start ticking parents and fans of our organizations off? We eventually lose many potential students. I hope this does not happen to the Cadets, but it is possible, especially with what is going on now. How many positive threads have there been this season about this storied corps? The fact is that he is rogue spear that seems to only be out for numero uno. What ever he thinks will help his super union with YEA and get him recognition he suggests.

Don't have recaps available? Oh I guess us fans really sway those judges because they know we read them!!

Go to 25? Ok at some point we have to give up some things in life that we enjoy. 25+ is a time when we should all be out getting a job and a life. I admit that i still am passionate about the activity and would love to stay involved, but i think raising the age limit would make aging out mean less. I also agree that teenagers have no business hanging out and or marching around 25 year olds. Imagine this. I as a band director when i was 25 could have marched with my student, that would be ridiculous.

Electronic percussion? Why not just have the beegies go out there do their thing on the field?

I don't know folks. I think it sad to see this great corps be given so much bad press because their director has had some enlighenment. I remember in '97 staying at the same school with them and watching them rehearse as we took a dinner break. They were rehearsing the opening musical passage with all of those crazy sixteenth note runs and then proceeded to march incredibly and showed us all that that was what drum corps was all about. We left the field that day shaking our head in amazement. Nearly ten years later I am shaking my head in anger at the desicions made for them and the fact that Hoopie has changed that great product for his own selfishness. What a shame, wht an absolute shame!!!

Wesley P.

BK '97 '98

He has all of you eating right out of his palm.