Hop wants to eliminate score recaps and other rule changes.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, my. All I can do is shake my head. Push, push, push & soon the glass wall will shatter. Where will we be then?

Why not just throw out all the rules? Let corps do whatever they want?

Why upset the fans & alumni? Are we not the ones who REALLY fuel this activity?

Youth Education? What are we really teaching them? To be robots, that's what. Go here, play this....and don't do anything different or you'll be washing busses come finals week.

Where does the madness end?

Edited by garfield_cadets

5/135 = 0.037 or 3.7%

This is nit on either side of the discussion.

Use less props and you won't need the additional members.

Everything else is par for the course and not worth getting upset about.

It's the end of a long and demanding season and George is tired.

He reacts this way every year.

If you think he might be a little burnt out now, spend a couple of hours with him in September when he annually thinks about not doing this anymore.

I have read Hop's recent blog and I have condensed it into a to do list that is more understandable:

Hop's To Do List Sept 2006:

1) My Corps is losing, note to self.....change rules to make sure this never happens again!

2) Whine about going to Cali as much as I can, so that never happens again too

3) Think of next inflammatory blog to post

I have read Hop's recent blog and I have condensed it into a to do list that is more understandable:

Hop's To Do List Sept 2006:

1) My Corps is losing, note to self.....change rules to make sure this never happens again!

2) Whine about going to Cali as much as I can, so that never happens again too

3) Think of next inflammatory blog to post

Wow. . .some of you are really good at embellishing.

Poor George.....if there were a crybaby smilie on this forum, I would insert it here.

I couldn't pass it up...a white rabbit and a crying baby...together? :worthy:

Easter%20bunny%20crying%20baby%203%20gradient%20fill%20with%20satin.jpg

5 members is no big deal? They have to be transported and fed. I can't see how 5 extra members is any cheaper than keeping the number the same.

And next year, it'll be another five, then another, and another, and so on. All Hop's little rule changes seem to slowly steer the organization off course just a tad...then over twenty years, it adds up! And please, for the love of all things good and decent, don't let the age rule get passed! Go to DCA!!! Gargh!!

George is basically a psychic leach ... He sucks energy and vitality out of the management sessions at DCI by throwing a pile of crap at a wall in hope that a piece or two sticks.

In short, whatever his real agenda,\ and desires are, he will divert energy and resources into dealing with whatever nonsense he comes up with, while he sits back and watches everyone dance.

This has been going on for decades and is not likely to change.

Paying a lot of attention to his machinations, or devoting space to it here, is akin to feeding the trolls.

As for "Hop's Blog", it should be titled "Ruminations of a woefully self-absorbed pseudo-intellectual." I can't be bothered.

Edited by DCIHasBeen

I am officially joining the anti-Cadets camp. I've even got a good friend that recently taught there that says Hop's pretty much self-absorbed and will not listen to reason. Sorry kids, I hate to see the great legacy that was The Cadets ruined by one very unstable person.

No wonder the kids that march Cadets show little emotion

They've been numbed by the ZONE

George is basically a psychic leach ... He sucks energy and vitality out of the management sessions at DCI by throwing a pile of crap at a wall in hope that a piece or two sticks.

I find his blog fascinating. However, I think everyone gives him more credit for the changes within DCI than he's due.

Hopkins directly controls, at most, 2 votes on the Board: Cadets and Crossmen. Many of his propositions fail and those which DO pass require the support of a bunch of other corps.

Let's face it: there is no shortage of corps pumping those pit amps up to 11. Also, as controversial as Cadets show is this year, does anyone believe there will be a member backlash? Will they have difficulty filling their 135 (140?) slots next year? NFW.

So, why no threads on how Dave Gibbs or Greg Orwoll or Howard Weinstein or any of a dozen others are ruining the activity?

As much as I disliked Cadets show this year, it was 11 minutes of my life. IMHO, "boring" shows do more to ruin the activity than anything YEA has ever done.

Edited by Phillygwm