Regiment is a Class Act

Wanted to mention was a nice gesture it was for Phantom Regiment to serenade the Cavaliers tonight with Elsa...what a classy organization. :unsure:

(Particularly when other corps basically got out of Dodge as soon as they could after the retreat!)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet- wish ALL corps still did that at finals! :)

Definately! I was hoping people wouldn't think that was rude or something... since it was the Cavaliers who were gonna play their encore. I thought it was great though... congrats to The Cavaliers AND Phantom!

So, even at Finals they don't let corps play off the field? The destruction of the retreat traditions irritates me more than any of the other changes.

This is what happens when you fall out of the drum corps loop for a while.

Edited by Tekneek

Wanted to mention was a nice gesture it was for Phantom Regiment to serenade the Cavaliers tonight with Elsa...what a classy organization. :worthy:

(Particularly when other corps basically got out of Dodge as soon as they could after the retreat!)

I agree! That was one of my favorite moments! to listen to Elsa's played backfield (to us spectators) was just incredible. my respect for Phantom has just sky rocketed even more after their performance! :unsure::unsure:

So, even at Finals they don't let corps play off the field? The destruction of the retreat traditions irritates me more than any of the other changes.

This is what happens when you fall out of the drum corps loop for a while.

Cavies still did their full show, marching and playing. But before they did, Phantom's brass pointed over to the Cavies block and played Elsa's. It was terrific.

Actually, I think it's reciprocal. Thank the Cavies to allow Phantom to play at all like that. There's love both ways.

Thats a nice sentiment, but if Cavies had been against it, I don't think there is much they could have done, at least without looking like jerks.

I am sure the Cavaliers appreciated the gesture with the respect it was intended.

I recall in 89 we arced up and played to SCV when we were the last 2 corps on the field.

That was a really special moment for me (as a meber of Regiment) and I have been told by members of SCV that year, that it is something they will always remember as well.

Regiment, Cavaliers, and BD are all class acts! Congrats to all three!

Nice to see Regiment "break" the rules just a touch to revive a long lost tradition. Sometimes, rules are meant to be broken, and should be ;)

Bravo... well done kids!

Edited by Newseditor44