DCI/BOA Merger

With both organizations now being located in the same city, and with both championships located in the same city, from a purely business perspective, this is pretty much an no-brainer and really SHOULD happen.

So much of the functional and logistical redundancy could be eliminated, saving considerable costs of operations. In addition, the impact each organization can have on strengthening the other through cross-promotion and integrated non-competitive activities would be huge.

I am not talking about a merger under a single brand (no SupaBandIntergallatic cheesiness) initially, but a parent company with each as an individual business unit (and adding/relocating WGI would absolutely be a priority), with a common purpose, but different variation of goal within the subsidiaries.

Wonder how long before this happens???

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a big fan of BOA mindset and judging philosophy - I would rather DCI remain distinct from that

I'm not a big fan of the cheesy superbando cheerleader upwithpeople mindset of BOA and consider WGI to be a much better fit philosophically, but, from a pure operations standpoint, there are some clear benefits... especially direct access to a large number of fans and potential participants.

I agree... as long as BOA and DCI stay completely separate, i think it is very smart (buisinessly) to merge them... it probably is one of the reasons they are moving to Indy anyways... i say, within 2 years it will happen

TOB covers a lot of turf here in the NE, and there's tons of regional circuits all over. My guess is that kind of merger would not be good for drum corps or marching band

I agree... as long as BOA and DCI stay completely separate, i think it is very smart (buisinessly) to merge them... it probably is one of the reasons they are moving to Indy anyways... i say, within 2 years it will happen

That is an oxymoron. You can't merge and remain completely separate.

They can continue to partner together and I have no issues with that, they can only help each other. Merging into a single buiness entity is where I have an issue. It would only be a matter of time before their rules became the same and the lines would be blurred between each activity as they cross promote each other.