Cadets 2007

The idea of anyone doing the things you're not supposed to do as a Cadet in the uniform doesn't sit well with me.

I shudder at the idea of Playboy getting ahold of these uniforms and doing a "Girls of DCI" type of special.

I just shudder...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had more money I'd buy it *swoons* Wonder why they're getting rid of them after just getting them in what...2003?

Back in the spring, Hop mentioned in his blog that their partnership with FJM was ending after this season. The corps has spent a tremendous amount of money on uniforms in the past few years - more than they think they need to in the future.

Dunno if they ever reupped with them or are moving to someone else, but my gut says someone else will be getting them a new set, thus the sale of these.

Mike

If I had more money I'd buy it *swoons* Wonder why they're getting rid of them after just getting them in what...2003?

The velcro that was sewed on could have possibly proven harder to remove than they originally thought. The double sided pants won't be needed, and it might be just as easy to go ahead and get new solid color pants instead of having to replace those in a few years and not the jackets.

Or they could just be getting different uniforms, which I'm apprehensive about... They already got new corps jackets that look like track jackets :(

BD's gotten new uniforms twice in the last few years. So has Madison. A few other corps can join that list, too (I just can't think of them off the top of my head).

Seems to be the "thing to do". Let's just hope that the new ones coming in stick with the Cadets tradition for the design.

I don' know for a fact, but I'd also have to guess that the light-weight uniforms of today just aren't as durable as the heavier ones that corps used to be able to keep for years and years. I don't suppose they'll veer too far from the traditional Cadets look (at least, I sure hope not!).

BD's gotten new uniforms twice in the last few years.

Love that new BD suit. Love it! Maybe my favorite Devils look ever.

As for how the Cadets will dress next year, no anxiety here. There's no law of nature that requires that best be in the past.

HH

I don' know for a fact, but I'd also have to guess that the light-weight uniforms of today just aren't as durable as the heavier ones that corps used to be able to keep for years and years. I don't suppose they'll veer too far from the traditional Cadets look (at least, I sure hope not!).

Dan, I don't think the wear and tear has anything to do with corps getting new uniforms every year or two. I do know uniforms of today are a lot easier to keep clean compared to the wool unis worn back in the day. Also they are more comfortable to wear and lighter in weight.

I feel the reason for the need of a "new look" comes from trying to match the uniform with show design and music. It's kind of like what Star did way back. Personally, I feel it could be a strain on a corps budget unless they get offers from uniform companies to sport their products. Much like what drum lines did in the past. Although some corps are doing fine without the change in looks.....like Cavaliers.

It's kind of like what Star did way back.

Of course, Star only had three different uniforms ... the pink star ones from '85 - '88, the red ones from '89 - '92, and the cream ones in '03. It's not like they had something different *every* year. Accessories came and went, however, and I think they got new pants once or twice during the early years, but even Star kept a set of jackets more than two seasons. Not exacly on topic, but I thought I'd mention it. :blink:

On that note, and forgive me if it's been mentioned already, but were the Cadets uniforms the past two seasons new or were they the same ones from the previous season(s), but just with an overlay on the back?

Edited by Orpheus