Capital Regiment Website

what all two of them?..........no not really

You don't get much higher up the chain....well, the Director, but thats about it.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever has happened has been confirmed. Whatever happens needs to happen. I hope CR stays in DCI, but there are things that need to change for this to happen.

this post brought to you by the word "happen" :P

Edited by rockthebus09

It is a shame that a corps with so much potential has so many problems. I marched in the CR colorguard in 2003 and most of 2004. In 2003 I marched in a colorguard with 32 members, in 2004 we had 6 vets in our guard. 6 out of 32 and we only had about 3 people age out. I was someone who wanted to stay and march with the same corps my whole entire marching career, that obviously didn't happen. Let's just say the problems that are happening now are nothing new. I had a fabulous staff in 2003, they now teach at a top 4 drum corps. For almost the whole summer of 04 I rode a bus with no airconditioning, yes it happens I know, but for the majority of the summer? We got off the bus in Louisana and it was cooler outside than on that bus. There were days when after the show the meal we were fed was chocolate pudding, so I would go meet up with some friends from other corps to get some decent food. I had a fantastic colorguard instructor have to leave the corps mid July in 2004, someone I greatly respected,someone that had been with the organization for quite a few seasons, someone that had the ability to make us fantastic. I felt cheated then, I feel cheated now. I truly love drum corps, I love to watch it, I love the feeling of performing, I only wish I could say I loved marching. I wish I had marched somewhere else so I could have the experience that so many of my friends from other corps have had. After everything in 2004 I have felt like I have no place in this activity and that saddens me as it is something I truly love.

I have never wished anything bad on CR. I have hoped things would end up good for them. I had watched all season and hoped that this would be the year they would make finals. But it is hard to make finals when over half of your members don't come back.

I hope there is something that can be done to save this corps. I wish it was a corps that members would want to stay at. I also wish it didn't make so many people doubt this activity and what it is about as it did at one time to me, as well as many other talented people I marched with.

I guess we will see what happens from here.

for myself and many of the members...most of us recognize that what happened this summer...wasnt a result of malicious intent....on anyones part...id find it hard to believe anyone (including rick) was "out to starve us" or anything along those lines...if anything it was a result of repeated acts of idiocy....on the part of one man...

I had an amazing season, and no matter all the BS that happened behind the scenes I always felt like i had a family to rely on, and I thank everyone for participating in CR06.

After going through this entire thread, plus the links, I think I need to step away from the computer. I can't believe this is happening to the drum corps where I spent two years and aged out. I can't believe it.

for myself and many of the members...most of us recognize that what happened this summer...wasnt a result of malicious intent....on anyones part...id find it hard to believe anyone (including rick) was "out to starve us" or anything along those lines...if anything it was a result of repeated acts of idiocy....on the part of one man...

can you really blame one person for everything? :lol: i'm sure its not all his fault ......... i'm sure there is more to the problems caused ......and i'm sure it was more then just one man

I think what is happening that it may not be his fault ENTIRELY (I'm sure buses break down, AC is cut off, things dont get delivered on time) but what he HAS done, is blame other people for these things when he should have explained it in full.

can you really blame one person for everything? :lol: i'm sure its not all his fault ......... i'm sure there is more to the problems caused ......and i'm sure it was more then just one man

Well, then here's a thought.

You seem like you may know something... or are you just speculating?

If you know something, then speak up. This alumnus wants answers, and the ones I've already received aren't favorable.