Capital Regiment Website

what all two of them?..........no not really

Sounds like someone is trying to spout the company line. <**>

Or maybe...just maybe...they were part of the problem...and dont like it coming out in the open...hmmmm....

Just look at their post numbers (5..all in this forum....)

Suspicious, say I.

Edited by prodigal bari

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly -- DCI needs to make sure that EVERY driver is certified. There has to be a way to work out a fee sharing arrangement with the corps to provide drivers like this. Much like how DCI hires/trains/monitors the judges for the benefit of all corps and the money for that ultimately comes out of the corps fees (by deducting some of these expenses from revenues before they are divied up for the corps, I imagine, or some such arrangement).

Anyway, I think that DCI has done a terrific job over the past few years stabilizing themselves and the activity and improving the competition side of the activity. Now it is time for them to turn their attention to the compliance and infrastructure side of thier member corps. I think they do some of this well (see Troopers situation, for example), but there has to an overall framework in place to make sure that all kids are safe, are fed, are given access to proper care, etc. I believe that the restructuring of DCI will help make this kind of oversight and infrastructure strenghening easier and more effective. It is up to us as fans,alums, parents, whatever to do what we can not only to volunteer and donate, but also to monitor as a check on the improvement efforts.

No. This is not DCI's job. This is the job of COMPETENT corps management. DCI can ban a corps from competing for adminstrative shortfalls. (which they may.. :( ) That is all.

Every corps that I have had contact with goes down the right track on this. Why so you think more and more corps are chartering buses??

Doing it right takes a little effort, but it is hardly rocket science.

He's a serious question....

If things were this bad, why didn't kids call their parents and tell them what was going on?

Why didn't they just quit? It's happened in the past, a core of kids walk out and then it makes people notice.

In today's day and age of lawsuits and overreacting to the first thing said about anything, I wonder why someone didn't pick up the phone and call someone.

Plus if all this was going on, why did the webmaster wait till the end of the year ? If you want to talk about lawsuits and criminal acts, well then the webmaster is a knowing party of what was going on and should also be held accountable for these issues.

If he knew the bus driver had no cdl and that bus wrecked, he could be held responsible and considered a partner in this issue.

Edited by CT-Horn

I've read most of this thread and even the attachments but I have one question,

WHERE IS THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS? Are they in the pocket of the director. It's the boards job to oversee and make sure the director is doing his/her job. If a child was hurt the board would be just as liable as the director and could/would be named individually in a lawsuit.

Interesting that the BOD link on the website is no longer available.

There certainly seems to be some strong personalities at play here and it's evident that there were some serious issues with the corps' operations. Nonetheless, the members, staff should be commended for designing and executing a competetive program.

The post by bariparent (#159) is worthy of note. Unfortunately, it's a product of the feeding frenzy taking place, when focusing on all the negative stuff can minimize the efforts of those parents and volunteers that did get involved directly over the summer.

This whole thread also shows just how important an effective administration is to the entire member's experience.

If things were this bad, why didn't kids call their parents and tell them what was going on?

Why didn't they just quit? It's happened in the past, a core of kids walk out and then it makes people notice.

In today's day and age of lawsuits and overreacting to the first thing said about anything, I wonder why someone didn't pick up the phone and call someone.

Plus if all this was going on, why did the webmaster wait till the end of the year ? If you want to talk about lawsuits and criminal acts, well then the webmaster is a knowing party of what was going on and should also be held accountable for these issues.

If he knew the bus driver had no cdl and that bus wrecked, he could be held responsible and considered a partner is the crime.

Um, hello? Have you read the whole thread? Obviously someone WAS called and people had to have been alerted (parents, dci executives), or DCI would not have sent in the Trooper's director to take over for the remainder of the season. Do you think that Fred from the Troopers just said "oh, I don't have anything to do in Casper this summer, let me just go help a corps for the summer"?? Somehow I doubt that.

Have you ever marched a really bad season?? Where it was so bad you couldn't imagine that it could get any worse, and then it did? I did. And the reason that people don't just quit is because you care too much about your fellow corps mates to leave them in the lurch and make the situation even worse.

The webmaster is also the tour manager. He was on TOUR trying to salvage the situation. He wasn't sitting at home working on the website. Why are you trying to blame him when it's pretty clear he was one of the very few people that was proactively trying to correct the situation?

As a volunteer and parent of an 06 CR member, I am just appalled at the accusations thrown around on this thread. To listen to some of the posts, one would assume that the CR members were never fed. I know for a fact that this is definately untrue! I was with the corps on 4 separate occasions for a number of days each and never was their a lack of food. In fact, I was just amazed at the amount of food those kids could put away! Yes, I know there were times that problems occurred - untimely food delivery, food truck not at housing site... but a majority of the time, the kids were fed! Let me reiterate - THE KIDS WERE FED!!! I am beginning to feel that all of my hours spent in the food truck, slaving over hot stoves, high on ladders stuffing spaces to capacity when a food delivery was made, getting up 2 hours earlier that the corps so that a hot breakfast could be made, has all been in vain because some members say that they never got fed! Please don't assume that all of these accusations are all 100% true just because members say so. The exagerations here are unbelievable!

I'm sure the word "never" is being used loosely by the members. But obviously they have vivid memories of the times that there wasn't much food, and their memories of obtaining food from other corps.

I understand your frustration- I know that if any of the Crossmen kids said they weren't fed this winter when I was working the camps, I too would be ticked that my hours of cooking apparently went unnoticed.

Question- were you there before or after Fred came on tour, or both? Just curious to see how the food situation improved after he arrived.

If he knew the bus driver had no cdl and that bus wrecked, he could be held responsible and considered a partner in this issue.

we did call our parents. all the time. and quitting and walking away from something like this is more b.s. than what we went through. it's called determination. clearly you haven't read anything in this thread so far so i'll be a little nicer...the webmaster waited until now because he was waiting for, and didn't recieve his and his girlfriends/co-tour managers paychecks.

and legally, yea, he probably could be charged for that. but you've missed that issue completely...which is unliscensed and intoxicated drivers.

and to bariparents, if you are going to get up here and defend something you better be ABSOLUTELY right because now, in my eyes, you look FOOLISH. if you are going to get up in front of everybody and tell me that i didn't eat a CHEESE SANDWICH (that's a piece of cheese in between two slices of bread for those of you who didn't know) for dinner, cold tomato sauce and half-cooked noodle spaghetti on more than one occasion, cake and ice cream for dinner, every local pizza shop from ohio to south carolina that couldn't handle the large orders and didn't cook half of the pizzas for dinner, one bowl of raisin bran for breakfast, or HALF AN APPLE FOR LUNCH, or the atrocious amount of SLOP that was served to us then YOU are the one lying. and hot breakfast? are you kidding? we had 4 MAYBE 5 if i'm forgetting one (which the staff cooked one anyway) and i don't and never will believe that oatmeal is a hot breakfast. and if you got up 2 hours early (which by the way, DOESN'T matter one #### bit because you had the priveldge of going back to sleep) to heat up that pot of water for the oatmeal, then you were wasting a LOT of time.

believe me, we ALL appreciated having people on the food truck but the food situation this year was laughable at best.

and if all you nay-sayers want to wait until some...haha..."official"....word from rick (which by the way, i can't ####### WAIT for) and you want to tell me that what i went through is just HEARSAY then you all need to check in to some sort of i.q. reversal center because your minds are slipping away from you.

was it all his fault? no. of course not, that is ludicris. was A WHOLE FREAKING LOT of it his fault? yes, absolutely.

As a volunteer and parent of an 06 CR member, I am just appalled at the accusations thrown around on this thread. To listen to some of the posts, one would assume that the CR members were never fed. I know for a fact that this is definately untrue! I was with the corps on 4 separate occasions for a number of days each and never was their a lack of food. In fact, I was just amazed at the amount of food those kids could put away! Yes, I know there were times that problems occurred - untimely food delivery, food truck not at housing site... but a majority of the time, the kids were fed! Let me reiterate - THE KIDS WERE FED!!! I am beginning to feel that all of my hours spent in the food truck, slaving over hot stoves, high on ladders stuffing spaces to capacity when a food delivery was made, getting up 2 hours earlier that the corps so that a hot breakfast could be made, has all been in vain because some members say that they never got fed! Please don't assume that all of these accusations are all 100% true just because members say so. The exagerations here are unbelievable!

I have refrained from really adding my own thoughts into this discussion on DCP, because, well, most of you are aware of the legal stance I have taken in the attempt to recover funds from Capital Regiment. It was never my intention for any of this to end up on here, but that was beyond my control. With that said, and sadly enough, this may end up being the only way issues are addressed without brushing everything under the carpet as has been the case for so long. So there are both positives and negatives to this discussion I guess.

The parent in this above quoted post is correct in some regard, however. Some of the things are being twisted here in this forum by those of you that were not around the situations on tour. Those of you that were there and continue to speak out about the issues, I have no problems with that. Just please speak the truth and don't blow things out of proportion or bend the facts. More often than not, and the members all know this, there was plenty of food for you. Yes, there were times (probably when this particular parent was not on tour) where there was also not (no food truck, missed orders, etc) and we ordered out for McDonald's, KFC, Burger King, Pizza, etc. But things happen. We all survived.

I DO want to thank this parent, however, for helping us out and being there on the food truck when we needed her. At most times, we had zero volunteer help, and it was an absolute pleasure to have you there. Don't let this sour our (or anyone elses) appreciation for you being there, please.

I think the bottom line here is that there are obviously many serious problems that need to be addressed (and now I think that's even more of a sincere understatement seeing all the stories and issues that have cropped up on here from members in the past who I have had no past relations or acquaintances with). That is what concerns me the most. And by now, you all know some of the issues I brought up on the CR website, but not here. In the future, I caution you. If you do have legitimate concerns with the way things are being run, please take them to the proper channels from now on. I apologize for creating fuel on the CR forums for an eventual huge bonfire here on DCP. But even I must acknowledge we are beating a dead horse in this thread now, and I don't agree with that. I love all animals!

Anyway, I am happy to report as of this morning, Capital Regiment has agreed to pay $1,702.67 in full to those of us involved in the suit. With this, I am assisting the corps with getting the website placed into new hands and a new home that will hopefully thrive and carry on the corps into the future. As you may or may not have noticed, I have taken it offline in preparation for this. I will also be splitting away from the organization and taking a new direction in the future.

Less stress = happy living, at least for me. God Bless this corps, it has so much potential and so many people who care about it. A change is needed, and whether that involves one person or many, it should be left up to DCI.

Can I request for this topic to be locked? Am I allowed to ask for that? :lol:

Edited by IMcomguy

what happened in germany and the ussr is similar to what happened at CR. there was massive oppression and getting out of the situation must have been difficult, just like it would have been difficult to get out of one of the priorly mentioned nations during their reign of terror. does my analogy obtain merit this way, i believe so.

Awesome.

F. G.