Capital Regiment Website

After reading lots of these posts, outside of stories, I've heard "the guy from the Troopers was cool", and "I hope DCI knows about this." If I may be so bold, as I don't know anything about this stuff, but it would seem logical that if someone all the way from Casper came in to help midseason, it just might be safe to assume that this person and CapReg did not meet by coincidence...

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after having close friends march there this summer i would not send my own kid there (if i had a kid)

from what it sounds like, it is time for a major need for changes in the CapReg administration. I wont go any farther than that even though I have plenty more things I could say.

To bad rick owns that corps..........so i laugh in the faces of those of you who think you can get rid of him so quickly with the lies you are hearing from certain people

Edited by CR0506

I have had 2 deep conversations with Rick the past 2 years and he is putting all of his heart , soul and sweat into this corps. This is his life and love. He did not start this corps to hurt anybody--that would be ridiculous, who in their right mind would? He has a vision for this corps and apparently some are not up to his standard, i.e. the colorguard staff from last year. Why the #### would you order knee-high boots for a dancing guard anyways ?!?!?!?!

BTW--he did ask me twice if I had a cdl and to drive for him.

To bad rick owns that corps..........so i laugh in the faces of those of you who think you can get rid of him so quickly with the lies you are hearing from certain people

Well, regardless, damage control needs to be put into place...or the publicity on the CR web page and here will hurt the audition numbers this fall.

I have had 2 deep conversations with Rick the past 2 years and he is putting all of his heart , soul and sweat into this corps. This is his life and love. He did not start this corps to hurt anybody--that would be ridiculous, who in their right mind would? He has a vision for this corps and apparently some are not up to his standard, i.e. the colorguard staff from last year. Why the #### would you order knee-high boots for a dancing guard anyways ?!?!?!?!

BTW--he did ask me twice if I had a cdl and to drive for him.

Evidently the food suppliers aren't up to his standards either.

This is like drum corps soap opera... I don't know who to believe... But even if SOME of this is true, it's enough that I'd be VERY concerned about the future of this corps...

And everything that everyone is saying about the connection with Troopers...... yes.

Now that the apparent conflict has been surfaced...it is everyone's duty to stick with it all the way through some sort of resolution. It is going to get uglier, but it would be all in vain if those who speak out about these issues just run for cover never to return...you opened it up, now you have to follow through!

Even so, my admiration goes out to the CapReg members. The irony is that you performed a show this summer which was very light hearted given this issues you seemed to be enduring at the same time. What is more ironic is going back to Season Pass and revisiting the Photocast where Rick Bays discusses the summer and how smoothly it had been going (as of June 30)...discussing how nobody complains, and praising the fact the corps has new uniforms, etc.

To the members...best wishes as you move forward...don't you dare let this experience ruin your passion for drum corps! There are several family oriented drum corps out there who would welcome you with open arms!

Now that the apparent conflict has been surfaced...it is everyone's duty to stick with it all the way through some sort of resolution. It is going to get uglier, but it would be all in vain if those who speak out about these issues just run for cover never to return...you opened it up, now you have to follow through!

I'll add to that- if you do decide to just pack up and move to another corps, you're basically perpetuating the situation and setting up the next group of members to have similar experiences, if not worse.

Matt and Meagan are awesome people and are in no large way responsible for the troubles our corps (I was a member) had this year.

I honestly can't think of a way they could have pushed themselves harder or done more for the corps then they did. We repaid them by shorting them on cash and by not giving them tickets to semis and quaters. The entire drum corps loves matt and meagan for the work they did this summer...year...and a half :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: