Capital Regiment Website

I keep hearing people say that members should have emailed Acheson long ago, or gone to someone higher up.

The reason we didn't tell anyone about this is because we were not allowed to..... people posting these things online got calls from certain people in administration threatening to cut them from the corps if they didn't keep quiet. I realize that it's in bad taste to post negatively about your corps, and a lot of corps have an online policy..... but sometimes some things need to be said. If the corps is causing the negativity, then the problem should be dealt with from the source.... not putting duct tape over our mouths.

Also, people have, on occasion, been threatened by the man himself if they REALLY made him angry. Which isn't hard. Not threats to kick them out of the corps, but to ruin them in ANY other DCI corps they might audition for in the future. And that is a fact of which I am 100% certain.

So basicly, we love drum corps and we love our friends enough to put up with it, and keep our mouths shut. He has kept people out of the corps for petty reasons, and we don't want to be kept from what we love. The alumni keep quiet because we'd like to possibly have a future in DCI after we age-out, or because they just want to wash their hands of it.

But now his credibility has finally sunk to where it belongs, and he no longer can blackball anyone. Which is why this thread is slander central right now.

Edited by HornlineDiva

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy was in WAY over his head. After reading the posts, I have a feeling that next year some of the kids might be wearing blue uniforms with crossed sabers on their hats.

I hope this incident doesnt affect CR in the future, if they even have a future after what has transpired, this is a corps that has had some mishaps in the past (remember 02 and the De Kalb incident, the AD at the time is now the AD a UN Reno). I like the way the organization was going and I hope that this will not hurt their progress, but I am afraid it will and has.

I would not be suprised at all if most of the kids, that can afford to, wind up in Casper next year follwing Fred Morris to the Troopers.

how can you people be going on things you've only just heard.........i keep seeing in the post......"well from what i heard"......"well what iv read on here".........how can you conjure something from what you've heard and read maybe ya'll should be doing some deeper digging on things and find out what is really going on and what really happened i'm sure there are people out there who know the TRUTH (OMG SUCH A BAD WORD....Im sorry for the launguage) try asking them..........and i'm pretty sure it can't be all or rick bayes fault.......and i'm sure he isn't over his head.......i'm pretty sure there is more that was going on on the inside that no one knows about.................ok so i haven't marched there but i'v been a fan for the past two years and i know that not everyone hates him........i won't believe the crud i am hearing on here......not untill i hear it from a higher offical who hears it from rick him self or from someone who is on the inside with him and knows it all too........

i'm done for now

As an aside, in light of the site going down, I've set up a make-shift forum so that current and past members of CR can remain in-touch. Just wanted to have something up as a back-up for all the members/parents/friends/etc. of Cap Reg so they don't lose contact!

http://www.mfbb.net/capregalum/index.php

Thanks.

how can you people be going on things you've only just heard.........i keep seeing in the post......"well from what i heard"......"well what iv read on here".........how can you conjure something from what you've heard and read maybe ya'll should be doing some deeper digging on things and find out what is really going on and what really happened i'm sure there are people out there who know the TRUTH (OMG SUCH A BAD WORD....Im sorry for the launguage) try asking them..........and i'm pretty sure it can't be all or rick bayes fault.......and i'm sure he isn't over his head.......i'm pretty sure there is more that was going on on the inside that no one knows about.................ok so i haven't marched there but i'v been a fan for the past two years and i know that not everyone hates him........i won't believe the crud i am hearing on here......not untill i hear it from a higher offical who hears it from rick him self or from someone who is on the inside with him and knows it all too........

i'm done for now

There have already bee 2 or 3 members from the 06 CR that have confirmed what went on this summer. So this is no longer idle speculation, we now know there was some bad things going on.

I feel sick.

you feel sick? this is where i aged out. :(

...the tour management team members aren't official enough? :lol:

what all two of them?..........no not really

At the Wichita, Kansas show, our corps (SDub) and Cap Reg had a joint "Dinner" after the show. We provided an uber ice cream buffet and they provided hot dogs and fries. I was in line after most of the kids had gone through, being that we had critique that night, and was behind a group of Cap Reg members saying "Better eat up tonight! Who knows when we will eat this good again!" Me being a tech for another corps thought they were joking, then I talked to several of them while eating......I cried. How can a corps run this way?!

The same thing happend with Magic in '03. I was housing corr. for the Midland, TX show (from '02-'05) and when they rolled in with out a food truck, we (Midland High School) scrambled to find them food. We ended up giving the members food from the consessions for next to nothing at the show.

How can directors let this happen to their members that PAY to be in the program?! Do they have no common sense or a soul?