Dear Future Director of the Madison Scouts...

No, the BoD coup I'm referring to happened in 2001, after Madison finished 11th. I think Mr. Howard was actually brought back for a short time before the board was voted out, a new board voted in, and Mr. Stewart reinstated for the 2002 season. After 2002, Mr. Stewart stepped down from his role and Sal Salas was hired.

I THINK that's the timeline I remember...I might have to dig on RAMD (higher power forbid!) to be sure.

Oh, and I'm referring to everybody as "Mr." since I can't seem to remember some first names and I want to be respectful. :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a big latin show from Madison. This year's was pretty good to me, actually. Especially their version of Danza Finale. :)

Their version really didn't do anything for me. To me, it was "Music Inspired by Danza Finale." :)

No, the BoD coup I'm referring to happened in 2001, after Madison finished 11th. I think Mr. Howard was actually brought back for a short time before the board was voted out, a new board voted in, and Mr. Stewart reinstated for the 2002 season. After 2002, Mr. Stewart stepped down from his role and Sal Salas was hired.

I THINK that's the timeline I remember...I might have to dig on RAMD (higher power forbid!) to be sure.

Oh, and I'm referring to everybody as "Mr." since I can't seem to remember some first names and I want to be respectful. :D

To be entirely truthful, this actually happened after the 2000 season. We had a meeting in early October of 2000 and ousted the then board.

now THIS is a guy who needs to be back instructing that MS hornline... :P Clay, what you did with Phantom is nothing short of amazing, and you truly are "da man"...

-Dumplin

Thanks for the compliment but I was just a part time member of an amazing brass staff that welcomed what I had to offer. Who knows what the future holds?

Thanks for the compliment but I was just a part time member of an amazing brass staff that welcomed what I had to offer. Who knows what the future holds?

ya, well...I just remember what a wonderful instructor you were...you and Van and Matt Gregg, and Steve Smith...

Dear future director of the Madison Scouts....get THESE GUYS BACK!! B)

hmmmmmm...'88 is considered by many to be the most PERFECT marching display ever put on a field...

but, of course, that's only opinion...

As much as I have criticized 88 Scouts' musical performance that year, I will happily say that the 1988 Madison Scouts had, without a doubt, the best feet I have EVER seen on a marching field, before or since.

If there is a "perfect" for marching technique, interval control, and form execution, it was that show. Frankly, nothing has ever come even close (even 1997 BD, who had phenomenal feet). When asked to demonstrate the possibilities on the field, that's the show I use.

ya, well...I just remember what a wonderful instructor you were...you and Van and Matt Gregg, and Steve Smith...

Dear future director of the Madison Scouts....get THESE GUYS BACK!! B)

oh, and before I forget...get Chris Harmon too!!!

To the new director of the Madison Scouts,

Congratulations, you will take over a corps that has a long and honorable history. A corps that is steeped in tradition and yet not held in check by it. You take over a corps that has just reinvigorated its relationship with its alumni as a resource for support and encouragement. This will be a tremendously valuable to you and the corps. And, as evidenced by the discussions that have taken place over the past few days, you take over a corps about which there is a great deal of passion on all sides in the drum corps world, which is a good thing after all.

Congratulations, there will be a lot of energy behind you and your efforts. You are in a unique position to succeed!

I wish you success.

^OO^

Dear Future Madison Scouts Director,

Please realize that some people never get tired of hearing themselves condescendingly pontificate to others. Their ideas should also not be construed as those of the majority.

MV

A humble fan who speaks up now and then

I loved this post! Ain't it the truth!

Vic Russell

Hmmm...

You know I never thought of Matt Gregg....but I could see that working out well. I kinda like that idea.

BTW, IMO the 98 hornline was the most talented hornline during my three seasons there. We caught on to drill and music very quickly. In fact, I think I remember a number of staff saying that it might be the most talented hornline the corps had up to that point. What I think helped a lot is we had a vocabulary "Do-Dah-Dit" for just about every note in the show.

97- very, very, young hornline... but awesome show design

98- old bulls (most talented hornline)...decent show design

99- good mix of ages...great show design.

Just my thoughts.