2006 DCP-I Rules Congress

Galen

I'd like to post a couple suggestions for the execs that I think will help make things better in future seasons.

1: Ok, so we tried to do the website ala FDCI for our caption changes- hasn't quite worked out yet. In lieu of that, I'd like to see a return PM from the execs confirming that a corps' caption changes have been received and input. I say this because I know there are some directors who did not have their changes for finals week registered- this has been a chronic problem for DCPI, and should be the top priority for next season. I know it'll mean a little extra work for the execs, but it doesn't have to be anything long- just a simple "got them!" would do.

2: I'd like to see the execs keep a regular "office hours" time on AIM/Yahoo/MSN/whatever, so directors can get instantaneous feedback on questions if they have them. Again, I understand that both execs have full-time jobs, but just a little bit of time, maybe 30-60 minutes in the evening, would be useful.

"H": Get rid of the online recaps- nobody pays any attention to them anyway, and people just use them to cheat and bag on other corps' performances ^0^

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to post a couple suggestions for the execs that I think will help make things better in future seasons.

1: Ok, so we tried to do the website ala FDCI for our caption changes- hasn't quite worked out yet. In lieu of that, I'd like to see a return PM from the execs confirming that a corps' caption changes have been received and input. I say this because I know there are some directors who did not have their changes for finals week registered- this has been a chronic problem for DCPI, and should be the top priority for next season. I know it'll mean a little extra work for the execs, but it doesn't have to be anything long- just a simple "got them!" would do.

2: I'd like to see the execs keep a regular "office hours" time on AIM/Yahoo/MSN/whatever, so directors can get instantaneous feedback on questions if they have them. Again, I understand that both execs have full-time jobs, but just a little bit of time, maybe 30-60 minutes in the evening, would be useful.

"H": Get rid of the online recaps- nobody pays any attention to them anyway, and people just use them to cheat and bag on other corps' performances ^0^

1: No kidding. PMs were working good.

2: I only have internet access when I'm at work. So you can drop me an email/PM anytime between 7am and 3:30pm.

H: I have no control over that. Call DCI about keeping them offline. And if that happens, then I have no way of getting the recaps.

I think he is talking about when we post the scores... just post the scores... not the entire recap.

I don't think I like that idea because then I don't know where my weak spots are and what I need to change.

I think rule # h is a poke at Hopkins idea to not release recaps.

The rookie speaks the truth- that was indeed a gag.

1) Open book on how we pick who takes caption awards.

2) Confirmation of caption change receipt.

3) Bring back DCP-A.

1. Corps who made finals the previous season, should get 1 extra point to play with at the beginning of the next season (use it or lose it). I think this could make the activity a bit more competitive on all levels. Should a corps director advance more than one corps into finals (per division), they can only use that extra point with ONE corps, not ALL corps.

2. Go back to the old way of scoring finals, where everything was generated. I know I was one who voted to change it to the way it is now, but after playing an off season and now this live season in the current format, I liked the suspense of the former way of scoring.

Personally I dont like either of those ideas... (no offense to Matt intended). For point 1... it would give an unfair advantage to the finals directors and would discourage new directors from signing up. We or at least I dont want to see the same corps in finals every year unless they deserve it. It was nice seeing some new corps in Finals....

For point 2, personally I like having the real scores used for finals. With the generated scores, it takes some of the skill out of it, and you just have to guess who would have the highest generated score. Im pretty sure I would have won season 1 had we used the real finals scores, and not the generated scores... :P