Cadets

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want everyone to realize that most of the people who don't like or even hate The Cadets 2006 production, especially on this forum, have already been following drum corps for quite a while; some for over 20 years.

I am telling anyone who will listen loud and clear that most people who didn't know anything about drum corp until this season absolutely loved The Cadets show. At least all of the newbies that I have talked to.

For God Sakes......Don't you anti-amp, anti-prop, anti-amped vocals, anti-characters, anti-bench jumping, and anti-hop people understand that Newbies to Drum Corps could give a Rat's ### about all of that stuff!!!

Newbies don't care as long as it is entertaining to them. ( and many newbies thought it was bench jumping was breath-taking )

What do I think about The Cadets show? It doesn't matter. I am just trying to get SOME people to understand that If you tell a drum corps newbie that you didn't like The Cadets show because of the props, or the amps, or the characters, of the bench jumping, or the singing, Guess what? They will look at YOU as the DUMB one. WHY do they look at you dumb? Because they don't mind that stuff. Those aspects of drum corps don't bother them at all. They don't know what "drum corp used to be like".

The newbie will look at you funny and say why don't you like it? What will the other person say? "Because...uh.....because it is just not drum corp!" Then the newbie will ask...." Did the Cadets break the Rules or something?" and then the other person will say "NO". Then the newbie will say " Then....uh..... it actually IS drum corps then".

AND YOU KNOW WHAT? The newbie would be ****ing right.

Traditionalists......please stop living in the past (no pun intended) and thinking every one should like the same things you like. The new fans of DCI don't know your traditions and will not even attempt to try and uphold them. The Drum Corp of old is dead. Stop crying and deal with it.

What a bunch of misguided, non factual crap. This folks is a diatribe. This is taking ones opinion and calling it fact.

Question: Who do you talk to ? How many shows have you been to ?? Were you in Madison ??

Im pretty sure the answers are going to be as I assume......making your "diatribe" that much more humourous.

Enjoy your view of the "Traditionalists", keep talking down to them, you havent a clue what they want or like or what they dont.

~G~

ps: Stop thinking everyone should like the things YOU like.

I just want everyone to realize that most of the people who don't like or even hate The Cadets 2006 production, especially on this forum, have already been following drum corps for quite a while; some for over 20 years.

I am telling anyone who will listen loud and clear that most people who didn't know anything about drum corp until this season absolutely loved The Cadets show. At least all of the newbies that I have talked to.

For God Sakes......Don't you anti-amp, anti-prop, anti-amped vocals, anti-characters, anti-bench jumping, and anti-hop people understand that Newbies to Drum Corps could give a Rat's ### about all of that stuff!!!

Newbies don't care as long as it is entertaining to them. ( and many newbies thought it was bench jumping was breath-taking )

What do I think about The Cadets show? It doesn't matter. I am just trying to get SOME people to understand that If you tell a drum corps newbie that you didn't like The Cadets show because of the props, or the amps, or the characters, of the bench jumping, or the singing, Guess what? They will look at YOU as the DUMB one. WHY do they look at you dumb? Because they don't mind that stuff. Those aspects of drum corps don't bother them at all. They don't know what "drum corp used to be like".

The newbie will look at you funny and say why don't you like it? What will the other person say? "Because...uh.....because it is just not drum corp!" Then the newbie will ask...." Did the Cadets break the Rules or something?" and then the other person will say "NO". Then the newbie will say " Then....uh..... it actually IS drum corps then".

AND YOU KNOW WHAT? The newbie would be ****ing right.

Traditionalists......please stop living in the past (no pun intended) and thinking every one should like the same things you like. The new fans of DCI don't know your traditions and will not even attempt to try and uphold them. The Drum Corp of old is dead. Stop crying and deal with it.

Worst. Post. Ever.

Call me silly but I think - waaaaaay back, there might have been a thread that covered some of this before. Please correct me if I'm wrong......

True. But some of it is based on pure jealousy too, let's be honest here. The Cadets are a Corps that has beaten some Corps ( like Phantom, your Corps ) so frequently over the last 2 decades that at least a portion of the negative talk on the Cadets is just competitive frustration and jealousy. Not saying that this is your reason for blasting The Cadets..... but some of the frequent negative talk on the Cadets and their Director is jealousy.

First of all, the Cadets have well earned their championships over some very worthy opponents. I think their record under Hopkins speaks for itself. They are the corps that does push the envelope of innovation in drum corps. They are allowed to stumble as they have in the past and they have recovered everytime.

I actually have a lot of admiration for Hopkins. He gives his staff and members the room they need to do the incredible stuff they do. He makes sure that the finances are there for the corps to do what it needs to do and he willingly takes the flak for the corps when things don't go well. I think some people should think about where the activity might be if Hopkins or Cadets were not who they are.

X DM I have to laugh at your post, especially using my old corps as an example. Marching in Phantom is NOT about winning.

Call me silly but I think - waaaaaay back, there might have been a thread that covered some of this before. Please correct me if I'm wrong......

If DCP members only posted their opinions once, there would be like 50 total posts here. But, I digress.

w/Stp:

(again)

Actually....I know a lot of high school kids through the marching band arena. To them the Cadets are a laughing stock. I could tell them about how this corps did great things for our activity in the 1980s....but I figured not to bother. :)