Cadets

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually....I know a lot of high school kids through the marching band arena. To them the Cadets are a laughing stock. I could tell them about how this corps did great things for our activity in the 1980s....but I figured not to bother. :)

And what did they do?

Do me a favor and tell them that I said they suck, because they probably can't even hold their horns right, let alone laugh at 135 people who spent an entire summer on the floor performing their ### off for people like them.

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

Actually....I know a lot of high school kids through the marching band arena. To them the Cadets are a laughing stock. I could tell them about how this corps did great things for our activity in the 1980s....but I figured not to bother. :)

Really?

I work for over a dozen bands around the country and I have never heard this sentiment. That is over a thousand kids from all around the US and none of them have ever suggested that cadets were a joke. To be honest with you I have seen more cadets merchandise being worn by these kids than any other corps in dci. I never marched cadets and I dont usually like their shows as much as other corps but I would not ever consider them a joke. I apprecate what they do bescause it IS different.

edited. -KM

Classy <**>

This post and the tone I have seen from Hop’s blog and the Cadet faithful is why the corp is getting grief.

oh, and that - other corps only beat us because of they are haters, we are better than them, we should win everything, always, you suck because we got 5th - yep, year of the ego, full stop

“Our show is so cool, what do you mean you don’t like it, you must be a moron, you don’t understand our art?”

First of all, those "quotes" are all completely false because they make it sound like they are coming from Cadets members. Second of all, even if they are intended to be Cadets fans instead of members, those types of fans are few and far between, and EVERY CORPS has them.

If you go check out some of the Phantom threads there are people throwing around blatant personal attacks because people don't like something Phantom has done, so don't even start to act like all Cadets fans are idiots who just whine and complain about their placement and that every other corps fans are perfect little angels.

Thanks guys. You really know how to make us feel encouraged and praised for working our butts off this summer. Thanks a lot.

Congratulations on a wonderful summer. If you had fun and did your best Im sure it was fufilling and nothing written or said can take that away from you. Your work etchic is intense, Ive watched many Cadet practices, and it is truly a worthwhile experience, as is every other corps too.

I praise you for having the stamina, strength, and desire to pull off this years show. I personally didnt care for the show at all, found it to be a far strectch from drum corps and entertainment but i can ceratinly see how it required skill and talent to pull it off.

Some shows shine, some shows sink, some shows just sail by un noticed. That is not the case with 06 Cadets. Thats a victory right there.

Be proud, enjoy your product and dont worry of everyone doesnt embrace your "art" . Thats life

~G~

Thanks guys. You really know how to make us feel encouraged and praised for working our butts off this summer. Thanks a lot.

Try not to let the vitriol of the relatively few here impact how you felt about this past summer. Think instead of all the GREAT reactions you received from the vast majority of fans who enjoyed what you did and how well you did it.

This year's Cadets continue the great tradition going back to the 30's...never forget that.

Mike, Cadets 70-72

I haven't read this entire thread, but I'm sure I'm not alone, in my disdain of amp's and singing.

That being said, I really liked the music the Cadets played. I didn't watch the "performers" at all, and tried to tune out singing. Obviously they have some very talented kids. I don' t blame them for trying to push the envelope. I didn't focus on the stuff I didn't like, just watched and listened to the stuff I did like.

Try not to let the vitriol of the relatively few here impact how you felt about this past summer. Think instead of all the GREAT reactions you received from the vast majority of fans who enjoyed what you did and how well you did it.

This year's Cadets continue the great tradition going back to the 30's...never forget that.

Mike, Cadets 70-72

Mike,

try to be realistic huh ?? how many shows were you at ???

Do you even consider reality when you post sometimes, with all due respect.....

"Vast majority of fans" ????

No need to disect this post. Reality is beyond DCP, but th efacts of DCP are stated here in writing.

~G~

Mike,

try to be realistic huh ?? how many shows were you at ???

Do you even consider reality when you post sometimes, with all due respect.....

"Vast majority of fans" ????

No need to disect this post. Reality is beyond DCP, but th efacts of DCP are stated here in writing.

~G~

Two live and 1/4's at the cinecast..going by those and what I read here and elsewhere about other shows.